Kernels with CIFS/NFS support

OP phobox360

11th January 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
Hi all

This post will hopefully serve two purposes, one to help me find what Im looking for and the second to help other find similar.

Im looking for an N5 kernel that supports both CIFS and NFS, either built in or in the form of loadable modules. I have so far tried Faux and Franco, latest versions of both. I cant mount CIFS or NFS using the mount command with either of them. Are there any kernels on the N5 that support this properly?

If anyone knows any perhaps we can compile a list here so its clear which kernels support which features, searching high and low and trawling through kernel changelogs to find what I need is becoming quite laborious. Kind of makes me wonder why most kernel devs dont seem to want to publish a comprehensive feature list for their kernels, some do but most unfortunately dont.

Thanks in advance.
22nd February 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 201

777 posts
From what I can see there are kernels that support cifs - look in /system/lib/modules/ for cifs.ko.
[
I have not yet found a viable nfs module for the stock nexus, nor have I found a way to get the mount command to work.

It looks as if CM based roms may be able to deal with this, though.
26th February 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 277

2,018 posts
More
Could you compile your own? If you want just to be able to simply transfer files ES File Explorer supports at least CIFS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
26th February 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
Thus far I've found that Faux supports NFS, I'm able to mount directly via the busybox mount command, it just required a slight modification to the syntax. Unfortunately I've still not found any that support CIFS not even one that has the loadable modules for it. And I need these for shell scripts I'm using, which operate independently of apps so the usual file manager apps are of no use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
1st December 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobox360

Thus far I've found that Faux supports NFS, I'm able to mount directly via the busybox mount command, it just required a slight modification to the syntax.

@phobox360 could you please post your command for NFS mount? I installed hammerhead-lp-faux123-024u kernel, tried both 'mount' and 'busybox mount' , with and w/o su, but still not able to mount NFS exports. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cifs, kernel, nexus 5
Previous Thread Next Thread