No registration required

Kernels not sticking to settings

OP howard bamber

21st March 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Southport
Thanks Meter: 184

1,288 posts
Hi I had this problem with one kernel and put it down to that. The same thing however has happened with others.
Has anyone else had this problem? I've used Trickster mod donate to try setting the frequency. Even with the frequency lock on they jump. They seem to jump to random frequencies, but 1.7 is the most common.
Can someone recommend one that does not do this and is good on battery?

Sent by mobile telephone.
21st March 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,466

24,559 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber

Hi I had this problem with one kernel and put it down to that. The same thing however has happened with others.
Has anyone else had this problem? I've used Trickster mod donate to try setting the frequency. Even with the frequency lock on they jump. They seem to jump to random frequencies, but 1.7 is the most common.
Can someone recommend one that does not do this and is good on battery?

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean the minimum frequency jumps up? If so, yes this is called mpdecision and is present in stock based kernels, unless they explicitly give you a way around it.
21st March 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Southport

1,288 posts
It's not that. The kernel I'm using has a scaling range of 300- 2265. I'll set these as it's limits but both ends will move, sometimes to the same freq. 1728 is what they jumped to when I set them just now.
I'm not talking about where the scheduler moves to but the upper and lower limits it has to move about in are what won't stay.

21st March 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Southport

1,288 posts
Trinity doesn't seem to do this on my phone so I'll go back to that, but Ive never had this problem

21st March 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Southport

1,288 posts
Downloaded cpu tweaks and it shows what I set, but Trickster mod does not so I'm dumping trixtermod as it's showing stuff that is not set, or appears to as cpu tweaks is showing in real time data I expect to see

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread