Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need HELP! Storage issue!

Tip us?

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 313
Default Need HELP! Storage issue!

Hey guys, I have a 32g Nexus 5, rooted, running cwm recovery but no matter what ROM I download, my storage is reading as a 16g phone and saying I only have a little over one gig !? But yet when u look at the storage bar, its not even half full! Please help me anyone who may know what the problem is?? I really want my 32g back bad! Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I've never had this issue before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bmg1001
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
This has happened to me before, the way I fixed it was reflashing the stock factory rom. You still have 32gb, it's just being reported wrong.

Nexus 5
Niksus KitKat 3.0
ElementalX
Xposed Settings
F2FS-ALL, ViPER4ANDROID,Crossbreeder, ByeHolo

*signature last updated 12:12 a.m. pst june 26, 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to bmg1001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg1001 View Post
This has happened to me before, the way I fixed it was reflashing the stock factory rom. You still have 32gb, it's just being reported wrong.
Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. I found some people with the problem on google but no real straight forward answer on a fix. One person said they fixed it by re-locking and the unlocking their boot loader?idk why but I'll try anything at this point.

bmg1001
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin View Post
Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. I found some people with the problem on google but no real straight forward answer on a fix. One person said they fixed it by re-locking and the unlocking their boot loader?idk why but I'll try anything at this point.

Hopefully it works out man! Either way, you'll eventually get it fixed.

Nexus 5
Niksus KitKat 3.0
ElementalX
Xposed Settings
F2FS-ALL, ViPER4ANDROID,Crossbreeder, ByeHolo

*signature last updated 12:12 a.m. pst june 26, 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to bmg1001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1191
Quote:

Flash stock recovery. Do a data wipe. It is safe to restore nandroid after. Doesn't make much sense, but it works.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 313
If anyone has any info on a fix forhis, I can really use the help! I'm at a loss on this and pulling my hair out! My 32g Nexus 5 is reading as a 16g and I can NOT get it back to 32g!? I so far have completely un-rooted and returned to stock at least twice now and re-rooted as well. I've tried every which way of returning to stock and re-rooting possible. From manually flashing the stock image to using toolkits, to using Cyanogen's install app, and still after every return to stock, my storage still reads as a 16g !!!??? There has to be something I'm missing, idk? I've even tried going into stock recovery after flashing the stock firmware, n wiped cache n did a factory reset, still 16g! One area of recovery that I'm not too familiar with is mount/unmount. Idk if / anything I can do under mount that can help fix this? Being I'm not familiar with what anything does exactly. The other thing I have not tried is to wipe internal storage or format SD card, but if I wipe the SD card I'll have no Roms at all on the phone or stock images to reboot to, so how would I go about formatting the SD without bricking the phone, and would that even help? This is beyond frustrating and there's not too much I have found in searching for a solution. Any answers I have found as a fix, I have tried. Which was to manually flash the stock image. I did this, several times and still no luck. Please help! Anyone!!

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1854

DONATE TO ME
Flash the userdata.img and cache.img via fastboot and then perform a factory reset.

It should fix it.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Flash the userdata.img and cache.img via fastboot and then perform a factory reset.

It should fix it.

OK I'm willing to give anything a shot at this point. Where can I find those two files? And when I do flash them, do I need to flash the stock image again ? In other words, I should probably be complete stock un-rooted right? So basically the steps I wanna take after downloading those two files is to just unroot again by flashing the stock image thru fastboot again, but this time, also flash those two files, is that correct? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna be sure I know what steps I'm taking this time and what order they should be done in.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1854

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK I'm willing to give anything a shot at this point. Where can I find those two files? And when I do flash them, do I need to flash the stock image again ? In other words, I should probably be complete stock un-rooted right? So basically the steps I wanna take after downloading those two files is to just unroot again by flashing the stock image thru fastboot again, but this time, also flash those two files, is that correct? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna be sure I know what steps I'm taking this time and what order they should be done in.

Looks like you're not familiar with flashing factory images. Follow the link in my signature which says 'un-root your device, flash factory images'. You will get all the info, files and steps needed to flash the img files.

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Looks like you're not familiar with flashing factory images. Follow the link in my signature which says 'un-root your device, flash factory images'. You will get all the info, files and steps needed to flash the img files.

You're kind of right, I'm not super familiar with it. I have flashed the factory image to my nexus 5 already though, and just maybe two other phones ever. One being a note 3 which was in oden obviously, but this time I'm actually using an iMac. I downloaded the stock factory image, and the ADT bundle and I had what I think was everything that was needed? I have adb, fastboot, bootloader.IMG, radio.IMG , the stock image/firmware of course, and the flash-all.sh, and flash-base.sh. That all sound about right? Not sure if you're familiar with the iMac methods or not? They're really similar to windows though. But yes, I've unrooted twice back to stock by flashing the factory stock image using fastboot commands. The one time it was a flash-all.sh command like above, but the other article/video I followed had me enter all the commands one by one, but like you said, I'm not to familiar with all this. Even though I've done it a hand full of times with success, and I've tried reading up on it as much as I was able to, but I'm obviously missing something somewhere. Was I missing the two files u mentioned? Or did I do something wrong, idk? Everything succeeds and passes fine, but after flashing the factory image twice now ( I rooted originally, then flashed to stock, then rooted again when the storage didn't fix after going to stock recovery and wiping cache and doing a factory reset as well ), and still I'm showing 16g? Sorry for the long response's man. I really appreciate everyone and anyone who can help me and takes the time. Thank u.