5,596,568 Members 41,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kitchen and Nexus 5 (storage mount file needed)?

Tip us?

teknomar7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] Kitchen and Nexus 5 (storage mount file needed)?

I saw a few people post that they built ROMs for this device using dsixda's kitchen. Just wanted to know if you had to create a 'hammerhead' file for the storage mount points since this isn't included in the supported devices (obviously because the tool isn't being updated anymore).

If you created a mount point file, can you please post the contents so I can reuse (fyi... I've installed this on a Mac, but should be able to reverse engineer one from a different OS)? I'm a bit of a noob using this kitchen and just got it configured on my mac yesterday. Just looking to mess around with it a bit for lack of a better thing to do.

Gorgtech
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 721
Ive also created device files for several devices, its not as hard as it sounds, as long as youve read the OP in this thread ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

You need to unpack one Stock Kernel of the device you want to add the support to the kitchen, check the contents of the RAMdisk for the required mounting points and add them yourself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknomar7 View Post
I saw a few people post that they built ROMs for this device using dsixda's kitchen. Just wanted to know if you had to create a 'hammerhead' file for the storage mount points since this isn't included in the supported devices (obviously because the tool isn't being updated anymore).

If you created a mount point file, can you please post the contents so I can reuse (fyi... I've installed this on a Mac, but should be able to reverse engineer one from a different OS)? I'm a bit of a noob using this kitchen and just got it configured on my mac yesterday. Just looking to mess around with it a bit for lack of a better thing to do.
Best regards, George

Fix for Samsung Galaxy S3 camera stopped working
Fix wake up lag on latest Samsung JB 4.3 Firmware
My toys: Nexus 7 2013 (flo) 32GB & Nexus 5 white 32GB

teknomar7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgtech View Post
Ive also created device files for several devices, its not as hard as it sounds, as long as youve read the OP in this thread ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

You need to unpack one Stock Kernel of the device you want to add the support to the kitchen, check the contents of the RAMdisk for the required mounting points and add them yourself ?
That's how I got to this point to begin with was by going through that thread. I just don't want to get the syntax wrong and I'm not 100% sure what all those parms mean in that template file. Plus the info in the recovery.fstab file seemed to be quite different from the ones already in that folder. I was hoping someone would be able to just give me a copy so I can check my syntax. Sort of a learning experience for me.

brandalz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i will try