Kitkat or L what do you prefer?

Search This thread

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
When I installed L first time on my Nexus 4 I loved it, it was epic, I had it since first day it was ported, then I bought nexus 5 and installed it ,and I noticed that kitkat has faster Ui. L has weird rule which it opens something u click after the material animation is done which makes phone look slow plus it's so annoying and on nexus 4 it was perfect because it wasn't as fast as nexus 5, weird, I think I'm going to stay on kitkat :/

failly

Jul 17, 2012
Tried the L preview and I switched back to KK for some app issues. When the final images will get released I will switch back to L though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
kitkat for me. it runs all my apps, has better battery and no 'puke on the screen' weird colours.

also i agree with op about the weird feel the lollipop preview has

Reactions: 107bird107

dekefake

Oct 28, 2013
Orleans, France
46k benchmark with Android Lollipop stock rom and ElementalX kernel @2.6Ghz very fast at least as Kitkat. Using as daily driver and love it. Will stay with the preview and the Stock rom waiting a MahdiRom version of Lollipop.

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
46k benchmark with Android Lollipop stock rom and ElementalX kernel @2.6Ghz very fast at least as Kitkat. Using as daily driver and love it. Will stay with the preview and the Stock rom waiting a MahdiRom version of Lollipop.
I know, app opening is fast and fluid but when you go through Ui like opening about phone in Settings it won't open it until animation is done.

dekefake

Oct 28, 2013
Orleans, France
I know, app opening is fast and fluid but when you go through Ui like opening about phone in Settings it won't open it until animation is done.

Don't face this issue. Goto developer settings and put animations to 0,5x like me to have fastest animations ;)

I don't know what you saw. When I hit "About Phone" it opens right up. Maybe you had a bad install. Everything is super smooth for me.

Me too it's super smooth love it. My friends are bluffed by it they all want Android Lollipopbut they'll have to wait a bit ;)

Reactions: Isus <3

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

lol, 46K on antutu is very slow for 2.6ghz. my n5 sees 45k+ at stock speeds of 2265mhhz, on L or on kitkat that is kinda slow for 2.6ghz.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

you always have an option of making the animations faster, or turning them off completely. again, that is your choice to make.

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
lol, 46K on antutu is very slow for 2.6ghz. my n5 sees 45k+ at stock speeds of 2265mhhz, on L or on kitkat that is kinda slow for 2.6ghz.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

you always have an option of making the animations faster, or turning them off completely. again, that is your choice to make.
I don't want orange status and navigation bar whole time on if you mean on that.

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
In developer options, you can turn all animations off. Its not the battery saver mode. But I still find it hard to believe you had animation issues with 5.0
No the issue is that phone won't do task until the animation is done which makes phone look slow, on kitkat as you click it whites a bar little bit and goes in immediately.

cpvm

Sep 1, 2011
Moto G6
Now I prefer KitKat its fast and smooth, I was using lollipop but after 2 days on, the multitasking was really bad, everything was closing even the keyboard so I downgraded to KitKat and I don't any problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes...

For fun, install Xposed installer and CPUTemp on statusbar module.
    Reboot. Put max freq @2.57GHz and launch Antutu app without launch bench. Put your phone in the freezer and wait 5-10 minutes, and look at the temperature. When your phone CPU is at 5°C celcius (=40° fareneit), launch the bench and let the phone in the freezer ;)

I will try trinity kernel soon ;)

lol, you dont have to tell me what to do when benching, im probably the most known person for that in any nexus forum ;)

i refuse to use xposed, and i use the trinity kernel toolbox, which has a widget with live cpu temps that go into the status bar. and 5C is too warm for me, ill bench when it gos below 0C.
    kitkat for me. it runs all my apps, has better battery and no 'puke on the screen' weird colours.

also i agree with op about the weird feel the lollipop preview has

I don't know what you saw. When I hit "About Phone" it opens right up. Maybe you had a bad install. Everything is super smooth for me.

Don't face this issue. Goto developer settings and put animations to 0,5x like me to have fastest animations ;)

Me too it's super smooth love it. My friends are bluffed by it they all want Android Lollipopbut they'll have to wait a bit ;)
    Some people are funny. You talk about bugs or bad battery life etc. and you all judge that by a developer preview? Jeez...

I will run L anyday of the week rather than L. Even if there would be no root/recovery.