Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] in KK.4.4.2 Native Exchnage Email App email-search does not work ?

Tip us?

viveksharma2108
Old
(Last edited by viveksharma2108; 8th February 2014 at 05:28 AM.) Reason: Information addition.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Clock [Q] in KK.4.4.2 Native Exchnage Email App email-search does not work ?

Greetings folks,

I want to use to Native Email App which came with N5, KK (4.4.2). After the update to 4.4.2, I was able to configure my Official Email account using SSL certificates. But I am still not able to -

1. Search the emails
2. Auto Sync my sub folders. I have to enter them and swipe it down to sync it. No auto email notification like inbox.

I am using TouchDown the free version. It is expensive to buy a license, plus it is not well integrated with ROM.

I rooted and installed KangKat and then Carbon, thinking probably it may work in any of them. It did not.
What do you recommend. I have checked with other fellows in the team, they say the Native App sucks, and it does not have search capability, some of them shifted Galaxy-4. I could not find any touchwiz ROM, or for what matter any any HTC Rom. I am sure their email app are better than Native Exchange Email App by Google.

Please recommend I need to -
1. an Email Client which is able to do two authentication. I mean in which i shall be able to import my certificate before i connect to the exchange/mail server.
2. be able to search my email
3. Sync my Calendar
4. Sync my sub folder.

Another good to have feature, probably i will spend time later figure out how to change the ROM, so that when i install SSL certificates for phone, it does not by default enforce security and i have to put a lock-pin (such a time waster).

Thank you fellows.

Thanks
Vivek Sharma
Nexus 5 | Carbon ROM

keweki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem for connecting an Exchange server behind a forefront server using certificates authentication...

Help us please

Thanks

viveksharma2108
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keweki View Post
I have the same problem for connecting an Exchange server behind a forefront server using certificates authentication...

Help us please

Thanks
Yes please help up. Lot of folks have this issue and wish a Samsung email.apk or HTC email.apk. Can someone please paste some links.
Tags
certificate, email, exchange, kitkat 4.4.2, nexus 5 4.4.2