XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Laggy Nexus 5

Tip us?

edoson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Laggy Nexus 5

Just received the phone yesterday. right at startup the phone updated to 4.4.1 (yes, not 4.4.2) and updated all relevant apps.

I then started to play with it a bit, and immediately sensed glitches and lags. Scrolling through photos in gallery, scorlling to the widget zone in the drawer (using nova launcher) or scrolling through feed in google+ - lags.

I compared it to my nexus 4 on same gallery pictures scrolling, browser scrolling and so on, and in all, my nexus 4 was smoother.
Actually, I had almost no lags with my nexus 4 the entire year off (worth mentioning Im using a custom rom, but didnt see no lags or glitches on my moms phone too)

For a second I was afraid I have a hardware problem. so I tested it on antutu. I scored 18k-24k, which was less then all of flagships phones (htc one, s4 etc..) my nexus 4 scores 20k.

I know all are cheating on antutu, and I dont give it to much importance. but lags? serieosly? How can it be?

I'll appreciate some comments and your impressions and suggestions.

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
Refund it

Sent from my Nexus 5

markdapimp
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 297
I read something about CPU binning perhaps you gotten a lower quality CPU?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

edoson
Old
(Last edited by edoson; 12th December 2013 at 10:36 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cant RMA currently. would like to know whether it is a software of hardware problem.

I find a repreducable situation in which my nexus 5 lags dramatically and nexus 4 and nexus 7 do not:

I enter images of HD wall papers and scroll through them. my nexus 5 really struglles replacing pictures while nexus 4 and nexus 7 are swiping between extremly smoothly. I checked it on both chrome and dolphin. same outcome. very smooth transition on nexus 4 and 7, very very lagy transition on the nexus 5

nexus 5 has 4.4.1
nexus 4 has 4.3
nexus 7 has 4.4

Any help tyring to figuring out where the probelm comes from will be highly appriciated.

edoson
Old
(Last edited by edoson; 12th December 2013 at 10:37 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any help?

Can you guys enter the link with your phones, swipe through pictures and tell me if you feel any lag?

rahublathur
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Nexus 4 or 5

Now after reading this , littl confusion whether to go for nexus 4