Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New LCD. What is the issue? - HELP

Tip us?
 
dannstarr
Old
#11  
dannstarr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 184
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3army View Post
Hello,

I forgot to say that the screen is being moved and slided and Google now(can hear it) getting tapped even though I'm not tapping on the screen its self. Still LCD? How is this even possible?
the digitizer is messed up too, it thinks you are touching it when you are not. quite easily broken

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Device history:
Smartphone craze started with T-Mobile G1
Nokia N79
Nokia 5800
iphone 3gs
Nokia N900
Nexus One
Nexus S
Galaxy note.
 
mr3army
Old
#12  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannstarr View Post
the digitizer is messed up too, it thinks you are touching it when you are not. quite easily broken

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thank you all for the replys. I fitted the new LCD today and what a relief to see the google logo on boot! Must of been a duff. Just hope the refund goes smoothly. So relieved I have a phone again
 
mr3army
Old
#13  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Mar 2012
Seller today has threatened me with the police for swapping out the LCD? Don't believe some people. Yes because I would have another lcd on me which is not working to send back.

Can't believe hes threatening with police though when he sold me a faulty LCD!!! Grr some people
 
howard bamber
Old
#14  
howard bamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 178
Posts: 1,271
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southport
If you have brains you paid, via PayPal. Stop payment and start preceding. PayPal is good for things like this. If you bought off eBay without it, sad to say you get what you deserve....

#64268gkyJL#8653%dhjGUKVS357.
 
mr3army
Old
#15  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber View Post
If you have brains you paid, via PayPal. Stop payment and start preceding. PayPal is good for things like this. If you bought off eBay without it, sad to say you get what you deserve....

#64268gkyJL#8653%dhjGUKVS357.
I got a refund but he's claiming I swapped the lcd with another faulty one before sending back which I didn't. And said he has given the police my details? I know i've done nothing wrong but will the police contact me?
 
GMTN
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3army View Post
I got a refund but he's claiming I swapped the lcd with another faulty one before sending back which I didn't. And said he has given the police my details? I know i've done nothing wrong but will the police contact me?
It's a civil matter. He can't prove fraud.
Asus Transformer - KatKiss Rom KK 4.4.3 v29
HP Touchpad - ICS CM9
Samsung Tab 2 7.0 Stock
Samsung Galaxy s1 - SuperNexus Rom 4.2.2
Kobo Vox - Piece of garbage
Nook HD+ , Stock, Nova Prime
Apple Ipad 2
BlackBerry Playbook
Nexus 5
Tags
digitize, lcd, nexus, r display not working
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more