LCD mirror scratched

9th June 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag On the interwebz
Thanks Meter: 1,678

2,006 posts
More
I'll try to keep this short. I got my nexus 5 in december 2013. ~1 month later, power and volume button are not working. Brought it to my carrier, they sent it to LG repair center where they "reseated" power and volume connector. Less than a month later, while watching picture, screen go crazy. First it seemed like there was a lot of static in the screen. Then it was like when you put gamma to the max on a monitor. Took it again to my carrier, and two months later, they come back to me saying i'd have to pay 189$ +tx (15% here) to get it fix. I know the phone internal work, when i start it i have feedback and i also have feed back when pressing volume keys. I changed carrier and left the phone on the corner of my desk because i got a sony xperia Z1. I've decided to change the screen because i miss the freedom of my nexus, so i just disassembled the whole thing and i found out the back of the LCD screen, which is pretty much a mirror, is scratched a lot. Is it normal ? I've attached a picture of the mirror.

Edit : The fingerprint there is mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-08.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	2788097  
9th June 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 199

137 posts
More
No, that is not normal. The layer of foil on the back of an LCD is supposed to be mirror-like and unscratched, and damaging the foil can have consequences.
9th June 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag On the interwebz
Thanks Meter: 1,678

2,006 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanRulz

No, that is not normal. The layer of foil on the back of an LCD is supposed to be mirror-like and unscratched, and damaging the foil can have consequences.

That's what i thought. Always said i must have had a lemon, but right now it's too late since i've completely opened the phone. Anyway, replacement screen should come soon. Just one more reason for me to hate LG.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread