How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Led notification light issues

OP chrisnewton

23rd March 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

237 posts
Hi all

Just got my 2nd nexus 5, first one went back for touch screen issues. Got 2nd one and this has problem too.

If someone sends me a text the pulse notification light pulses once and that's it. No repeat. However after that if someone sends me a text it works as it should, ie repeats every 10 seconds.

Seems very random as to when it works properly. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks all

Chris
23rd March 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnewton

Hi all

Just got my 2nd nexus 5, first one went back for touch screen issues. Got 2nd one and this has problem too.

If someone sends me a text the pulse notification light pulses once and that's it. No repeat. However after that if someone sends me a text it works as it should, ie repeats every 10 seconds.

Seems very random as to when it works properly. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks all

Chris

Yes, people have this problem on stock rom.. It appears randomly though and not as often as you're getting. A restart fixes it... Are you using Light Flow or any app to control the LED??
23rd March 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

237 posts
No will light flow solve this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
23rd March 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:

No will light flow solve this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

May be, May be not. Even light flow has some random problems with LED notifications... For some people it works flawlessly, for some it doesn't... Only way is to try it out...
23rd March 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

237 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

May be, May be not. Even light flow has some random problems with LED notifications... For some people it works flawlessly, for some it doesn't... Only way is to try it out...

Trying it now seems to work ok. Strange that my last nexus didn't suffer this problem. Wounder if Google are aware of this issue?

Also on a side note not sure if it's related but I'm sure my first nexus 5 did a software update when I first took it out of the box, my new one did not do that.
23rd March 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:

Trying it now seems to work ok. Strange that my last nexus didn't suffer this problem. Wounder if Google are aware of this issue?

Also on a side note not sure if it's related but I'm sure my first nexus 5 did a software update when I first took it out of the box, my new one did not do that.

Yes, I think they are aware of it... I remember reading it somewhere around XDA about it.. Can't find a link to it though.. I guess we will just have to wait for the update and see... FYI, a reboot fixes the issue temporarily..

It didn't update because the ones which were manufactured in January came with 4.4.2 Out of the box which is the latest update!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

237 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Yes, I think they are aware of it... I remember reading it somewhere around XDA about it.. Can't find a link to it though.. I guess we will just have to wait for the update and see... FYI, a reboot fixes the issue temporarily..

It didn't update because the ones which were manufactured in January came with 4.4.2 Out of the box which is the latest update!

Thanks for your reply mate, for me when I reboot the first message does not work, then they seem ok after that, that's just for sms, I get no notifications at all with whatsapp etc, however light flow seems to work ok at moment but would be nice if Google did a fix.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread