Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LED Notification malfunction

Tip us?
 
ColdFire InOx
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 206
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilpstra View Post
Is that for an sms? I'm not sure how many different notifications it actually lights up for on stock.
Not just for SMS. You see, right now I received an email through the Gmail app and the LED blinked once and stopped. And I turned the screen on and off and then it blinked once again and stopped. Really weird!

But now I got a text message and it's working fine. It's really random!
 
rwilpstra
Old
#12  
rwilpstra's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire InOx View Post
Not just for SMS. You see, right now I received an email through the Gmail app and the LED blinked once and stopped. And I turned the screen on and off and then it blinked once again and stopped. Really weird!


But now I got a text message and it's working fine. It's really random!
That sounds pretty similar to what mine was doing. I don't think lightflow even helped too much... I would recommend CM11.... It has customization for the notification light built in and it all seems to work very well.
My device history:

Phones:
Motorola v190
LG Rumour
Samsung Impact (t746m)
LG Optimus Chic (e720b)
Samsung Galaxy W (Exhibit II 4g) (t769m)
Google/LG Nexus 5 32GB


Tablets:
Acer Iconia a500 8GB (was running custom Jelly Bean, seemingly bricked itself; If you have any suggestions please let me know )
Nexus 7 32GB (2012)
Sony Xperia Tablet Z 16GB
 
ColdFire InOx
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 206
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilpstra View Post
That sounds pretty similar to what mine was doing. I don't think lightflow even helped too much... I would recommend CM11.... It has customization for the notification light built in and it all seems to work very well.
It should be a KitKat bug then. How can I report bugs to google?
 
rwilpstra
Old
#14  
rwilpstra's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire InOx View Post
It should be a KitKat bug then. How can I report bugs to google?
Check here
My device history:

Phones:
Motorola v190
LG Rumour
Samsung Impact (t746m)
LG Optimus Chic (e720b)
Samsung Galaxy W (Exhibit II 4g) (t769m)
Google/LG Nexus 5 32GB


Tablets:
Acer Iconia a500 8GB (was running custom Jelly Bean, seemingly bricked itself; If you have any suggestions please let me know )
Nexus 7 32GB (2012)
Sony Xperia Tablet Z 16GB
 
ColdFire InOx
Old
(Last edited by ColdFire InOx; 8th January 2014 at 08:16 PM.)
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 206
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilpstra View Post
Check here
Actually, that wasn't very helpful. I found it on my own nonetheless.

I wonder how this kind of bug has gone unnoticed or unfixed for so long.
 
ColdFire InOx
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 206
Join Date: May 2012
I will try to use another ROM and then report back. I suppose this is a KitKat bug.
 
wasdq
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire InOx View Post
I will try to use another ROM and then report back. I suppose this is a KitKat bug.
I m on droidkang and its ok

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more

Forums Added for the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S

A little over a week ago, LG “inadvertently” let the world know about the … more

Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more

Pushbullet Updated with SMS Send Ability

Pushbullet is one of thoseapplications that every Android lover should have installed on his or … more