Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lens Blur click to select focus vs default

Tip us?

ykphuah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Lens Blur click to select focus vs default

I am playing with the new Lens Blur feature of the new Google Camera. I find the default focus and blur setting, to be quite good, and this setting, it seems that it can't be reproduced once I click to select the area I want to manually focus?

So I used the Lens Blur on my son, in the attached picture, the bottom is the default that Google gives me after processing of the picture. So I tried to click on my son's face to see if that changes anything, and to my surprise, it actually made the face more blur-er. I have tried clicking on his body and hands, but I can't seem to get the effect of the default picture.

Both the pictures are from screenshot capture on my phone itself, as I can't figure out how to make a copy of the photo and adjust the lens blur separately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398131003906.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	2701013  

beaver2233
Old
Thanks Meter 481
what happens when you reduce the blur effect to essentially nothing? (sliding the bar all the way to the left)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ykphuah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver2233 View Post
what happens when you reduce the blur effect to essentially nothing? (sliding the bar all the way to the left)
Thanks for the tip! I slide the bar to the left, and the face is still blurry, so now I am suspecting its the preview window.

I did a save after I click to focus his face. And save it. It seems pretty close to the default one after that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398213530918.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	2703059