XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 or Nexus 5 coming from N4

Tip us?

jel7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default LG G2 or Nexus 5 coming from N4

Hi guys, I currently have someone I can buy an LG G2 from for $250 in pretty much new condition, only used for a bit and is going back to an iPhone. I currently own an N4 and love having Nexus devices--- fast updates, AOSP, etc.

I know the N5 is a stripped down G2, and I would prefer the N5 due to looks and feel, but is the better spec'd G2 a better buy at that price? Thanks in advance for any advice!

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jel7 View Post
Hi guys, I currently have someone I can buy an LG G2 from for $250 in pretty much new condition, only used for a bit and is going back to an iPhone. I currently own an N4 and love having Nexus devices--- fast updates, AOSP, etc.

I know the N5 is a stripped down G2, and I would prefer the N5 due to looks and feel, but is the better spec'd G2 a better buy at that price? Thanks in advance for any advice!
How is the G2 better spec'd, other than the battery?

jel7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7 View Post
How is the G2 better spec'd, other than the battery?
Battery size, GRAM, Display quality, camera. I know the N5 has received quite a few new updates to make the camera better. Do you think the 32 gb LG G2 at $250 is a better buy?
The Following User Says Thank You to jel7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 178
It drove someone back to iPhone. That's not a good sign.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jel7 View Post
Battery size, GRAM, Display quality, camera. I know the N5 has received quite a few new updates to make the camera better. Do you think the 32 gb LG G2 at $250 is a better buy?
Display and camera can be argued both ways. You're wrong about GRAM though. The AnandTech review confirmed that the N5 also uses it.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxpower7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
Go with the g2

Sent from my Nexus 5

darkgoon3r96
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Display and camera can be argued both ways. You're wrong about GRAM though. The AnandTech review confirmed that the N5 also uses it.
Agreed, the display is brighter on the Nexus 5 and far more accurate. The G2 is more saturated, and has better viewing angles. So depends on what you want.

Btw, where does Brian mention the GRAM? I can't find it in his review.
Please press the thanks button if I helped you

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100
Custom ROM: WanamLite v4.1
Kernel Testing: RedPill v0.7
Battery: Stock
HyDrOG3N-ICS 18.04 + Stock + Thoravukk 2.41 + Siyah 3.1.2 - RESULTS
Resurrection v1.4 + Stock - RESULTS
The Following User Says Thank You to darkgoon3r96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jel7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I don't see anything about it having GRAM?

rodeo2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't stand the LG logo on the front of the device. Would not buy it. I know its stupid but that's me.

jel7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
So I've been checking out the G2 forums, it's sad how dead it is. I think I'm just going to go with the N5, buy the G2 and flip it on ebay to make the burden on my wallet easier.

The Following User Says Thank You to jel7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]