Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,013 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 ROM Port?

Tip us?

Vekhez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Default LG G3 ROM Port?

I only have some very basic knowledge on ROM porting but with the Sense 6 port for the Nexus 5 it was ported over to the LG G2 with very minimal hiccups (except for the ones present on the N5). Now there is a LG G3 ROM for the LG G2, and now I am wondering if we can reverse the project to get an LG UI from the G3 (ported to the G2) on the Nexus 5.

If we could it would be awesome
Moto X | Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 | Galaxy Note 10.1 | HTC HD2 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire S | iPod touch 5G

Lethargy
Old
(Last edited by Lethargy; 22nd June 2014 at 11:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekhez View Post
I only have some very basic knowledge on ROM porting but with the Sense 6 port for the Nexus 5 it was ported over to the LG G2 with very minimal hiccups (except for the ones present on the N5). Now there is a LG G3 ROM for the LG G2, and now I am wondering if we can reverse the project to get an LG UI from the G3 (ported to the G2) on the Nexus 5.

If we could it would be awesome
The Sense 6 port didn't get far enough to be anywhere near daily driver capable.

Porting the LG G3 firmware to the Nexus 5 is different/"harder" compared to porting it to the LG G2.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vekhez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
The Sense 6 port didn't get far enough to be anywhere near daily driver capable.

Porting the LG G3 firmware to the Nexus 5 is different/"harder" compared to porting it to the LG G2.

Sent from my Nexus 5
I am meaning that there was this ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ix-m8-t2703397) for the Nexus 5, that was ported to the G2 with minimal effort here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2734246). So I am asking if it would be possible to reverse the process and port this ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788077) to the Nexus 5.
Moto X | Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 | Galaxy Note 10.1 | HTC HD2 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire S | iPod touch 5G

Lethargy
Old
(Last edited by Lethargy; 22nd June 2014 at 12:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
I am meaning that there was this ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ix-m8-t2703397) for the Nexus 5, that was ported to the G2 with minimal effort here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2734246). So I am asking if it would be possible to reverse the process and port this ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788077) to the Nexus 5.
Its still different and what I said previously still stands.

Also, reading that thread, it seems a little silly as they're just copying it from the Nexus 5 with minimal changes to get it to boot lol.. No real development in that thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

Vekhez
Old
(Last edited by Vekhez; 22nd June 2014 at 01:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Its still different and what I said previously still stands.

Also, reading that thread, it seems a little silly as they're just copying it from the Nexus 5 with minimal changes to get it to boot lol.. No real development in that thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5
?

So could we not copy it from the LG G2, and make minimal changes to get a G3 port to boot, with no real development? Or am I just very slow and completely misinterpreting this.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
?

So could we not copy it from the LG G2, and make minimal changes to get a G3 port to boot, with no real development? Or am I just very slow and completely misinterpreting this.
You could, but it would be a very crippled port, just like the Sense 6 port.
Quote:

Vekhez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
You could, but it would be a very crippled port, just like the Sense 6 port.
Why would it be like that though, because the Sense 6 port of a port required a modification to some minor things and what wasn't working on the N5 didn't work on the G3, so wouldn't it be the same. Everything is working, so everything would be working?

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Everything is working, so everything would be working?
Unfortunately that isn't the case, the thread is being spammed just like the Sense 6 port was, because of bugs.
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dragn4rce
Old
Thanks Meter 332

DONATE TO ME
Dude you need to build Sense or the G3 ROM from the source which is not available like it would be from Google.

Sent from my ѣ$ 5

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragn4rce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]