links in email appear as text from some sites including XDA

Search This thread

lchiu7

Mar 2, 2010
This isn't strictly a Nexus 5 issue since I have now experienced it on a brand new Nexus 7 (2013) updated to 4.2.2.

The issue is for me, when I receive e-mail from XDA (and a few other forums) on my Nexus 5 on 4.2.2 using the stock e-mail client, the links to the forum and unsubscribe just appear as text, not links that can be clicked. That's very annoying since it means to click through to a link (like a forum post) I have to copy and paste the link into the browser.

I thought this was a Nexus 5 issue on 4.2.2 but I just bought a new Nexus 7 (2013) and immediately accepted the update to 4.2.2. On XDA again links to forum posts appear as plain text and are not clickable.

I thought it might be something to do with my email provider (1and1.com) but the problem does not occur on any other device I have (I have a Asus Transformer TF700T flashed with CROMi-Xenogenesis nor in Outlook 2010 or 2013.

Plus I changed my e-mail to my Gmail account on XDA and the same problem happens using the stock e-mail client but not using Gmail.

I have gotten around the problem by switching to K9 e-mail but it seems strange that I should get these problems on my two different devices (the only common factor is that they are GED's and are on 4.2.2) and furthermore nobody else seems to have experienced it.

Thanks

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I already saw this problem and I also have it on my N5. I don't understand why the links are missing but there's no solution afaik...

lchiu7

Mar 2, 2010
I already saw this problem and I also have it on my N5. I don't understand why the links are missing but there's no solution afaik...

It's reassuring that somebody else has seen this problem so it's not just me. But it's puzzling that nobody is complaining about it. Do they use an app for the forum and not notice it?

lchiu7

Mar 2, 2010
Actually this is'nt due to XDA but the Email app. Most of users have Gmail app and a 3rd party app...

I know it's not XDA since it occurs on another forum I frequent. But I don't use Gmail as my main e-mail so I can't use the Gmail app.

I wonder if this is a documented bug with Google? And it only seemed to occur with 4.2.2.

But K9 works so that's what I have to use.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I know it's not XDA since it occurs on another forum I frequent. But I don't use Gmail as my main e-mail so I can't use the Gmail app.

I wonder if this is a documented bug with Google? And it only seemed to occur with 4.2.2.

But K9 works so that's what I have to use.
I also use a 3rd party app however I've just checked my email app and links work now. It didn't do anything in the settings so it seems that an update has fixed it.
BTW I use the latest Banks Core package.

lchiu7

Mar 2, 2010
I also use a 3rd party app however I've just checked my email app and links work now. It didn't do anything in the settings so it seems that an update has fixed it.
BTW I use the latest Banks Core package.

Still doesn't work for me. But then I am running stock and I am not sure I can use other GAPPS without being rooted.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Still doesn't work for me. But then I am running stock and I am not sure I can use other GAPPS without being rooted.
You need a custom deodexed rom to flash gapps but I can't guarantee it will work... FYI I have attached the version number I have. What do u have?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-22-08-07-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-22-08-07-39.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 35