Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Llama Nlpwakelock

OP jrbalazo

18th May 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hi all,

Interesting problem I have with llama. Getting Nlpwakelocks as shown in the screenshot.

I've set work and home, and the wakelock was happening at work. My work setting is only to disable GPS, Enable mobile data and disable WiFi if not connected. Any ideas about why llama is causing this? I've seen Nlpwakelocks else where but not under the Llama app.

Regards,

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-18-19-20-20.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	2750145  
18th May 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,797

24,973 posts
More
How is llama set to know you're at work? If you've used location, you will get wakelocks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th May 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Currently I'm using the Map addon for Llama. Previously on another ROM I hadn't tried it and wasn't getting this issue. Will remove the addon and post results tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

John
18th May 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #4  

24,973 posts
More
Yeah because llama needs to check if you're in a location so uses location services (nlp) to do so.

18th May 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,288

3,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbalazo

Currently I'm using the Map addon for Llama. Previously on another ROM I hadn't tried it and wasn't getting this issue. Will remove the addon and post results tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

John

There are usually better ways to go about doing what you want to do. I use Tasker for it, but I have Tasker profiles run based on time and day. Times when I should be at work, Tasker checks if I'm connected to the home wifi. If I am not, then it does all the things. If I am still connected to the home wifi when I should be at work, I must be at home, so the profile aborts.

This profile uses time and wifi connection status to determine my location.

Of course, this may not be possible for your job. But there is usually more than one way to solve a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #6  

24,973 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

There are usually better ways to go about doing what you want to do. I use Tasker for it, but I have Tasker profiles run based on time and day. Times when I should be at work, Tasker checks if I'm connected to the home wifi. If I am not, then it does all the things. If I am still connected to the home wifi when I should be at work, I must be at home, so the profile aborts.

Of course, this may not be possible for your job. But there is usually more than one way to solve a problem.

Exactly the same set up for me

19th May 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Seems pretty logical to me. If this doesn't work out I'll find better ways to control the functions.

Regards,

John
19th May 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Well seems at work there is no problems with llama wakelocking at all. Obviously the NLP from location based tracking was the problem as you stated. I think tasked would be more appropriate for my usage, so I'll give it a try tonight.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread