Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Llama suggestions?

Tip us?

woowhee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Llama suggestions?

I've recently downloaded Llama and am amazed that this app is free! I've set up the basics (turn on/off Wi-Fi when I enter/leave home/work, go on vibrate at work, etc.), but do you gents/ladies have any personal suggestions or tips on events I can set up to grease the wheels of my day-to-day grind?

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Llama is a must have free app if you don't already use the paid app Tasker. Using cell towers as a battery-free location service is a great idea and more apps are starting to use that now.

My favorite uses for Llama are saving battery by toggling auto sync and fixing a pet peeve of mine: plugging in headphones and not realizing the volume is too loud. Second one is a bit tricky and needs to work in conjunction with the Sound Profiles you've already set up for Day/Night etc.Lastly, you can also use it as an easy way to change the brightness automatically throughout the day.

ex.

Auto-Sync
-When using Battery, Disable Account Sync
-When Charging, Enable Account Sync

Volume Control
-When any wired headset is connected - Change Profile to Headphones
-At Home between (Set Time){when wired headset is disconnected} Change Profile to Normal
-At Home between (Set Time){when wired headset is disconnected} Change Profile to Quiet
W32

haxrnick
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Am I the only one with the current bug that allows calls through even when I'm in silent mode? If it works for you what version of llama are you on?

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxrnick View Post
Am I the only one with the current bug that allows calls through even when I'm in silent mode? If it works for you what version of llama are you on?
Latest version and no such issue. There is the option to set certain contacts as "Noisy" and they will ring anyways even when silent.

Edit your Silent profile and make sure your ringtone and notification volume is set to 0.
W32

oniemjan
Old
Thanks Meter 43
some aids i use:

temp mute phone when using camera
start music when headset connect
kill musicplayer when headset disconnect
silent at work
only wifi at home

no problems with calls on silent