Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lock Screen Music Controls Disappear

Tip us?

Awks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lock Screen Music Controls Disappear

Just got my nexus 5 yesterday and am loving it so far! Weird quirk with it is although I have enabled widgets in the Security Settings, the lock screen controls when I use Google Play Music don't appear on the lock screen. Sometimes it flashes for a second with the album art then disappears back to the regular clock. Is there some setting that I should check to make sure the music controls aren't being overridden? I have the lock screen set on slide to unlock, not sure what else I need to check. Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

ben12a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem, bump
Lockscreen music controls no longer show up for some reason. Tried playerpro, google music, and pandora.

A.VOID
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Mine works correctly on slide lock. I was just admiring it earlier. Huge improvement

XatroX
Old
(Last edited by XatroX; 8th November 2013 at 05:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem using mtv music app. It seems my nexus "forgets" it is playing music even while it's playing music in the background. Randomly the music controls in the notification bar disappears, and even with it the lockscreen controls. I think it is a kind of strange power saving bug in 4.4.. Maybe it is possible to raise the music players priority. Any ideas are appreciated
thanks and regards

Edit: tested a little bit and it seems this bug only comes while streaming via Bluetooth. Had it with my bt headset and while streaming music at the dvr.

Maybe you can confirm that you discovered the bug while streaming via bluetooth, too.

future2010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem here

Same issue here but not only for Bluetooth. My lockscreen is secured by a PIN because I encrypted my phone. Maybe this is the problem?!

TToivanen
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1821
Sup guys. @Awks

I came across the same bug on my Nexus 4, too.
Tried the following: wiped cache, wiped play music data, fiddled around with lockscreen security settings. No luck.

Then, managed to fix it.
I had this one app, called JAYS Headset Control, that allowed to assign functions to headset button clicks. I simply uninstalled that **** and now s'all good.

So beautiful lockscreen with album art & all: https://db.tt/HfD6m3ds

Too bad I now have to re-download my 3GB music library, d'oh.

So if you have any similar apps, be aware that they might cause trouble. Ditch them.

Cheers! Hope this helps.
flo & mako | Android 4.4.4 | franco.kernel
Android Ice Cold Project for mako
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TToivanen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nadram
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TToivanen View Post
Sup guys. @Awks

I came across the same bug on my Nexus 4, too.
Tried the following: wiped cache, wiped play music data, fiddled around with lockscreen security settings. No luck.

Then, managed to fix it.
I had this one app, called JAYS Headset Control, that allowed to assign functions to headset button clicks. I simply uninstalled that **** and now s'all good.

So beautiful lockscreen with album art & all: https://db.tt/HfD6m3ds

Too bad I now have to re-download my 3GB music library, d'oh.

So if you have any similar apps, be aware that they might cause trouble. Ditch them.

Cheers! Hope this helps.
Exactly the same app for me.
Thanks bro.
Circle me!

Google LG Nexus 5
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

simperator
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thx for hint. Same problem with "Headset Button Controller". I hope this will be fixed.

dewal014
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Audio Smart Key

Thanks @TToivanen!!

I had Smart Key, uninstalled it got my album art back on lockscreen. But I want to use this app, is there any settings which will prevent this app to change lockscreen??