Unhappy [Q] I made a stupid mistake. I formated data and now I don't have any OS.

OP BombasMirko

19th May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bistrica pri tržiču
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
More
Hello, today I decided to unlock, root my phone. I also decided to install new rom. And everything went fine but befor installing I insted Factory reset I formated data. I don't know what I was thinking. It may be that I was using TWRP Touch for a first time. Can somebody help me get back to at least to Stock if it is possible. Is it possible to connect phone in TWRP to transfer data from computer to it?
Last edited by BombasMirko; 19th May 2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Misstype
19th May 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Goes
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombasMirko

Hello, today I decided to unlock, root my phone. I also decided to install new rom. And everything went fine but befor installing I insted Factory reset I formated data. I don't know what I was thinking. It may be that I was using TWRP Touch for a first time. Can somebody help me get back to at least to Stock if it is possible. Is it possible to connect phone in TWRP to transfer data from computer to it?

Does mount usb work on twrp? If so you can copy a rom zip to your device. If not than use search here on xda or google you probably need to unroot again and restore with a factory image.
19th May 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bistrica pri tržiču

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttl1982

Does mount usb work on twrp? If so you can copy a rom zip to your device. If not than use search here on xda or google you probably need to unroot again and restore with a factory image.

Moutning doesn't work.
I found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

Will this work for me? I was never in this situation before.
Last edited by BombasMirko; 19th May 2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
19th May 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag HENDERSONVILLE
Thanks Meter: 1,954

3,226 posts
More
You can either use adb to push a ROM zip to your phone, or just flash the stock images to your phone. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

[TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Spartanburg
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
Donate to Me
More
Follow this tutorial right here. It'll completely fix EVERYTHING that you are describing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

You'll need the Android SDK for that tutorial, also. Also a brain.

What OS is your PC on?
19th May 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Bistrica pri tržiču

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrogoggles

Follow this tutorial right here. It'll completely fix EVERYTHING that you are describing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

You'll need the Android SDK for that tutorial, also. Also a brain.

What OS is your PC on?

Either Xubuntu or Windows 8.1. What is prefered? Xubuntu probably because you don't need drivers.
19th May 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag Spartanburg
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Either Xubuntu or Windows 8.1. What is prefered? Xubuntu probably because you don't need drivers.

You should use Windows 8.1 for this tutorial. It's aimed towards Windows and the command prompt. Followed word by word, that is, for Windows.

Hope this tutorial fixes it!
The Following User Says Thank You to pyrogoggles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Bistrica pri tržiču

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrogoggles

You should use Windows 8.1 for this tutorial. It's aimed towards Windows and the command prompt. Followed word by word, that is, for Windows.

Hope this tutorial fixes it!

It wen't just fine. Thank you guys. I was really scared that it will be like long, risky and difficult process. Thanks again.
20th May 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,261

3,156 posts
More
Quote:

It wen't just fine. Thank you guys. I was really scared that it will be like long, risky and difficult process. Thanks again.

Virtually every member here has gotten themselves into a situation that they weren't sure they would be able to fix. It happens to all of us. It's Android initiation
justinisloco
21st May 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:

Lol its happened to me so many times that I end up doing it now on purpose just to clean the phone 100% before flashing a new ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
format data.
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank