No longer able to decompile/recompile Framework-res.apk

Tip us?

PhilipL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 393
Default No longer able to decompile/recompile Framework-res.apk

Hi

I've successfully used APK Manager 5.0.2 to decompile and recompile the Framework-res.apk many times, however this is no longer working with KitKat 4.4.

I get an error when I recompile of, "Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19,"

If I try with an apk from Android 4.3 it works successfully.

What do I need to update/change to successfully recompile the framework?

Regards

Phil

sewer56lol
Old
Thanks Meter 501
You need to import your 4.4 KitKat framework. If you use apk manager you need to go to your setup and import your framework-res from there.

Then you can continue and decompile it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ricky310711
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipL View Post
Hi

I've successfully used APK Manager 5.0.2 to decompile and recompile the Framework-res.apk many times, however this is no longer working with KitKat 4.4.

I get an error when I recompile of, "Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19,"

If I try with an apk from Android 4.3 it works successfully.

What do I need to update/change to successfully recompile the framework?

Regards

Phil
that means that google packaged the framework with missing parts, search for ways to fix compiling framework-res on 4.4
Like my blog on facebook, add me to your circles, follow me on twitter or donate to me with paypal

mateorod
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky310711 View Post
that means that google packaged the framework with missing parts, search for ways to fix compiling framework-res on 4.4
""Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19,""
Just means update the aapt binary. Either update your sdk or find a 4.4 aapt binary and replace the 4.3 one you have in your path
Support Beloko Games' source ports of Doom and Quake 1-3, Jedi Knight, etc.

He is hurting from piracy...I need Doom 3 on my phone, you guys. Buy them, ok?
The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]