Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Looking for a backplate replacement

OP netzgeist

4th January 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #11  
tysj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
1,136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netzgeist

eg the Galaxy S4
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

well, I found nothing for a Nexus4. Damn it -.-

Can't compare something that has a back that is meant to be removed with one that isn't. Especially with the kind of components, antennas (Wifi, GPS, MIMO, NFC, wireless charging coil, and now even the vibrator), and magnets that's incorporated into the backplate of the Nexus 5, I don't see a good option coming.
Last edited by tysj; 4th January 2014 at 10:04 AM.
4th January 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #12  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Looks like a skin or case, man...are you hell bent for faux leather? :P
9th January 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
To give some update:

This is what im about to buy:
http://www.etradesupply.com/lg-nexus...oor-black.html ($30 for a new stock backplate)

I showed it to a local metal engineer, he guessed that he can chrome-plate it for me for ~50$, also removing the battery warning stuff

Next step is to find a cheat repair store that is able to replace the stock part with the new one(+ insert all of the sensors etc onto the new plate).

I WILL get my metal backplate ^_^
9th January 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #14  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by netzgeist

To give some update:

This is what im about to buy:
http://www.etradesupply.com/lg-nexus...oor-black.html ($30 for a new stock backplate)

I showed it to a local metal engineer, he guessed that he can chrome-plate it for me for ~50$, also removing the battery warning stuff

Next step is to find a cheat repair store that is able to replace the stock part with the new one(+ insert all of the sensors etc onto the new plate).

I WILL get my metal backplate ^_^

And lose any chance to have any wireless connectivity....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
9th January 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1

And lose any chance to have any wireless connectivity....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

why should it? its not like there are no metal-unibody smartphones out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendly3points

...

ill take the risk and see what i get.
Last edited by netzgeist; 9th January 2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typo
9th January 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #16  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by netzgeist

why should it? its not like there are no metal-unibody smartphones out there
ill take the risk and see what i get.

It's not like they were designed and engineered with that in mind...and it's not like the N5 was...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes