No registration required
Thread Closed

Looking for a specific rom

OP xPvn

14th June 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Well I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for as this is the first time i'll ever install a custom rom.

I'm mainly looking for Battery and Performance, don't really care for features, but they wouldn't hurt if skins were great.

I've chosen a kernel already, which will be Franco Kernel!
Due to it's features of battery saving.

Also another question I have is for things such as Nightly and Stable releases etc, do I need to do a clean wipe every time I wish to update versions of the rom?
14th June 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,791

27,350 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPvn

Well I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for as this is the first time i'll ever install a custom rom.

I'm mainly looking for Battery and Performance, don't really care for features, but they wouldn't hurt if skins were great.

Also another question I have is for things such as Nightly and Stable releases etc, do I need to do a clean wipe every time I wish to update versions of the rom?

well, generally, you arent allowed to post threads on xda asking about which rom(battery being the most requested). what is told to you is try out a few, decide which you like best, as we all have different needs and wants, and our devices all react differently. anyways, battery is not about rom or kernel(yes, you said you like franco for battery). battery life is nearly all about how you personally use your device, how you personally set it up, what apps you use, and very much the quality of your phone/data signal. everything else plays very little into it.
with every kernel someone will tell you that it gives the best battery life, someone will say it gives terrible battery life. there is no magic pill, it does not exist. i know you read about kernel so and so and its amazing battery life, but it is usually just fanboys spreading the use of the kernel.

anyways, if you are updating a rom, feel free to dirty flash it. no need to wipe.
14th June 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

well, generally, you arent allowed to post threads on xda asking about which rom(battery being the most requested). what is told to you is try out a few, decide which you like best, as we all have different needs and wants, and our devices all react differently. anyways, battery is not about rom or kernel(yes, you said you like franco for battery). battery life is nearly all about how you personally use your device, how you personally set it up, what apps you use, and very much the quality of your phone/data signal. everything else plays very little into it.
with every kernel someone will tell you that it gives the best battery life, someone will say it gives terrible battery life. there is no magic pill, it does not exist. i know you read about kernel so and so and its amazing battery life, but it is usually just fanboys spreading the use of the kernel.

anyways, if you are updating a rom, feel free to dirty flash it. no need to wipe.

Thank you! :]

Guess I'll give SlimKat a spin!

Any thread links you could refer to me for first timers in terms of installing roms, backing up, etc.
I already have a rooted 4.4.3
14th June 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,791

27,350 posts
Quote:

Thank you! :]

Guess I'll give SlimKat a spin!

Any thread links you could refer to me for first timers in terms of installing roms, backing up, etc.
I already have a rooted 4.4.3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...guide-t2510966
14th June 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
try uber
Quote:

try uber kernal, its a treat
The Following User Says Thank You to Avan Patel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread