XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost homescreen configuration

Tip us?

giannis_ch
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Lost homescreen configuration

I have my home screen organized with folders and widgets. Some of my icons disappeared after updating google search i think. I tried uninstalling updates and reinstalling and now it reset to stock home screen with google folder and play store app.

Is the home screen configuration saved somewhere? Any way i can restore it?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17992
Quote:
Originally Posted by giannis_ch View Post
I have my home screen organized with folders and widgets. Some of my icons disappeared after updating google search i think. I tried uninstalling updates and reinstalling and now it reset to stock home screen with google folder and play store app.

Is the home screen configuration saved somewhere? Any way i can restore it?
yea, set it up yourself. itll take you longer to look for a way to restore it(only to fail) than resetting it up.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

giannis_ch
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
yea, set it up yourself. itll take you longer to look for a way to restore it(only to fail) than resetting it up.
Thanks, any way to prevent it from happening again? I am running 360 DPI if that affects it. Do i just back the home screen somehow and restore it whenever it happens?

mpolo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having a similar issue. I've edited build.prop to have a pixel density of 380. After updating google search, I have massive spaces between icons and I can only have 5 quick launch icons instead of 6.

Anyone else?

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

I just changed my density to 360. And while a bit small, the massive gaps between icons has gone away... Strange.

belvedere
Old
(Last edited by belvedere; 15th December 2013 at 04:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
I have a folder of Google apps on the dock (containing Calendar, Drive, Keep, Play Music, Play Store). It's located in the very bottom right. My DPI is 372. Whenever my phone reboots this Google Apps folder just disappears. It's a little annoying to keep having to drag those icons over there again...

I didn't seem to have this issue until updating to 4.4.2.

edit: lol, any icon that I put over there disappears after reboot.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-33-35%7E2.jpg
Nexus 5

your mother