FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Lost LTE signal after rooting. Please help!

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By danny2146, Junior Member on 2nd February 2014, 05:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th February 2014, 03:29 AM |#21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

Let's back up here. Why do you think you need root if you have no idea what you are doing? Are you just rooting because you can or do you have a real purpose?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well, I love learning about technology so that's one reason. Second is that it also opens the door to many posibilities now that I have spent some time with it (them rooted apps!!). Third is the ROMs, I heard there are some pretty nice ROMs out there. Besides, I used Linux after all, and with Android also built upon Linux kernel... thought I might want some consistency.

4th February 2014, 03:32 AM |#22  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,797

Donate to Me
More
ROMs don't require root to flash.

The reason I have to ask is because I see so many people who think they need root just because. There needs to be a reason in my opinion for you to want/need root access. So many others simply root because they think they need it only to jack it all up.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread