Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Lost LTE signal after rooting. Please help!

OP danny2146

4th February 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

Let's back up here. Why do you think you need root if you have no idea what you are doing? Are you just rooting because you can or do you have a real purpose?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well, I love learning about technology so that's one reason. Second is that it also opens the door to many posibilities now that I have spent some time with it (them rooted apps!!). Third is the ROMs, I heard there are some pretty nice ROMs out there. Besides, I used Linux after all, and with Android also built upon Linux kernel... thought I might want some consistency.
4th February 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,831

10,812 posts
Donate to Me
More
ROMs don't require root to flash.

The reason I have to ask is because I see so many people who think they need root just because. There needs to be a reason in my opinion for you to want/need root access. So many others simply root because they think they need it only to jack it all up.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread