Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost all pictures and videos

Tip us?

agent007se
Old
(Last edited by agent007se; 7th May 2014 at 07:29 PM.) Reason: More precisions after mistahseller's reply
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lost all pictures and videos

Hi guys, just to let you know that I've lost all my "Camera" files (in the Google Camera application (pictures and videos)). They simply disappeared (the ones before the April 30th, 2014).
  • I did not delete them manually or accidentally
  • I did not install strange apps
  • Storage indicate Image & Videos size of 16MBs (instead of 2GBs...)
  • For what it's worth, I scanned my Nexus 5 with TrustGo, and no bad app was reported
  • I checked and searched with ES Explorer for all files starting with IMG_* (only the 8 recent pictures were found, even with "deep" search)

I tried some recovery software, but I understand that they won't work because there is no SD card.

My Nexus 5 is not rooted, so I can't use DiskDigger or similar software, and rooting removes all files, right?

Am I definitely screwed or do you see something I missed? Or something I could try?

Thanks for reading!

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
If you plug into the computer can you find them via windows explorer? There is an internal SD card

agent007se
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that too and browsed through the folders (DCIM, media, ...) and nothing.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10063
Nothing you can do then.

Some backup advice here:

[info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

agent007se
Old
(Last edited by agent007se; 7th May 2014 at 08:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks rootSU for the useful links. I read your post, then I found http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-yes-t1994705

One of the requirements is: "A rooted Android phone, (try to root with a non-destructive method as this appears to protect those who must root from wiping the device data a second time)".

Do you know any method to root the Nexus 5 with a non-destructive method? So I could copy the internal memory with adb, and so on.

Edit: by http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-data-t2650226 we can say that there really is nothing to do. Thanks guys for giving me the info quickly. I can now move back to my work, and try to forgive whatever caused that (probably a faulty app, or an app update). I don't want to sync with cloud, but I'll definitely try to sync with iPhoto from now on. This will serve as a lesson!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10063
You can use foldersync to sync to a computer as long as its on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]