5,597,007 Members 47,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost root access?

Tip us?

bodooo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hmmm... from the link I posted in one of my last post, you can just use a useful app called "flashify" and flash it that way (the easiest way) but you need that file that is in the link obviously to do so haha. So afterwards when in flashify you'll get 3 simple options, boot image, recovery image, and zip file. choose zip file, go into your downloads folder from the file explorer from the app (which it should be there if you downloaded it off your phone) and let the app do the rest
The Following User Says Thank You to bodooo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seyba
Old
(Last edited by seyba; 5th December 2013 at 06:30 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodooo View Post
Hmmm... from the link I posted in one of my last post, you can just use a useful app called "flashify" and flash it that way (the easiest way) but you need that file that is in the link obviously to do so haha. So afterwards when in flashify you'll get 3 simple options, boot image, recovery image, and zip file. choose zip file, go into your downloads folder from the file explorer from the app (which it should be there if you downloaded it off your phone) and let the app do the rest
Ok so I can't open flashify either. It also says I have lost root access and my superuser is busted. I have attached a screenshot!
http://i42.tinypic.com/2mgw0v6.png

bodooo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Of course, you don't have root access, silly me lol Well guess we'll have to do it the hard way (it's not really that complicated) ok read carefully. Power off your phone, afterward hold the power and volume down buttons which should get you into the bootloader, cycle trough the options with the volume buttons and when you see recovery mode select it with the power button, now depending on which Recovery you have you'll have to choose the option that says install or install from sd card, again, depending on which one you have this will be slightly different. After doing i believe the paths will be the same, chose 0/ then look for the download/ folder which you should have that supersu.zip file, if you're using twrp recover it should be touch screen and you simply select it and swipe to install, if you're using cwm (which i do) you'' have to scroll with the volume buttons and select the file with the power button to install. I hope I was as clear as i could be, good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to bodooo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seyba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
after going into recovery mode, there is just a android robot with his chest open and an exclamation mark! can't proceed after that.

bodooo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Ouhhh you don't have a recovery then, do you have adb or any kind of toolkit?

seyba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have wugs toolkit. but every time i try to do anything at all on it. It says ADB device not found? That seems to be preventing me from doing anything as well.

bodooo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Do you have the adb drivers installed or/and usb debug turned on in developer settings?

seyba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
how/where do i install adb drivers? I have not done so, and i doubt my friend did it when he rooted.

I do turn on usb debugging when i tried to unroot/root on wugs toolkit

bodooo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
In wugs toolkit it has a walk-through on how to do so, i suggest you use the RAW drivers option

seyba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I must be blind to not have seen this before. Thank you very much for your help I'll let you know how it goes!