Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Lost Touch After Restoring

OP jpmrno

30th March 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi there,

Today I restored an old copy of my data but when it finished I lost the ability to touch de screen, everything works (like software and hardware buttons) but touch screen doesn't. I have TWRP so I can't use the recovery either. Please help me!

Thank you in advance!
30th March 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,793

10,863 posts
What data did you restore? I would flash the system.img from the factory image in fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5
31st March 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

What data did you restore? I would flash the system.img from the factory image in fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Restored an old backup made by the same recovery, can't understand why this happened. Will try that when I get home! Thanks.
31st March 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,499

26,814 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmrno

Restored an old backup made by the same recovery, can't understand why this happened. Will try that when I get home! Thanks.

a backup wouldnt do that. and even if it did(if it was a software derp), it wouldnt affect the recovery. the recovery has its separate software, and a separate kernel. a hardware issue would affect both. id try reflashing the factory img, if it does not help, then it is a hardware issue.
31st March 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

a backup wouldnt do that. and even if it did(if it was a software derp), it wouldnt affect the recovery. the recovery has its separate software, and a separate kernel. a hardware issue would affect both. id try reflashing the factory img, if it does not help, then it is a hardware issue.

Yes but the problem is that it was working correctly until the backup finished restoring. After it finished, I couldn't touch the restart buttom on the TWRP screen so I turned off and on again the device and discovered that the touch wasn't working. Kind of weird.
31st March 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Restored everything to stock and still doesn't work. Should be a hardware issue but can't understand how it happened, it was working correctly until the TWRP restore.
31st March 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,793

10,863 posts
Quote:

Restored everything to stock and still doesn't work. Should be a hardware issue but can't understand how it happened, it was working correctly until the TWRP restore.

Probably just coincidence but if reassuring to stock didn't cure it it probably is a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5
31st March 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,499

26,814 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmrno

it could have been just a coincidence. ive had those kind before, where i swear it was one thing but turned out another.
31st March 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

it could have been just a coincidence. ive had those kind before, where i swear it was one thing but turned out another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Probably just coincidence but if reassuring to stock didn't cure it it probably is a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well I tried everything, it's probably hardware, too bad. Thank you anyway!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread