Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost Touch After Restoring

Tip us?

jpmrno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lost Touch After Restoring

Hi there,

Today I restored an old copy of my data but when it finished I lost the ability to touch de screen, everything works (like software and hardware buttons) but touch screen doesn't. I have TWRP so I can't use the recovery either. Please help me!

Thank you in advance!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3039
What data did you restore? I would flash the system.img from the factory image in fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5

jpmrno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
What data did you restore? I would flash the system.img from the factory image in fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Restored an old backup made by the same recovery, can't understand why this happened. Will try that when I get home! Thanks.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20649
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmrno View Post
Restored an old backup made by the same recovery, can't understand why this happened. Will try that when I get home! Thanks.
a backup wouldnt do that. and even if it did(if it was a software derp), it wouldnt affect the recovery. the recovery has its separate software, and a separate kernel. a hardware issue would affect both. id try reflashing the factory img, if it does not help, then it is a hardware issue.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

jpmrno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
a backup wouldnt do that. and even if it did(if it was a software derp), it wouldnt affect the recovery. the recovery has its separate software, and a separate kernel. a hardware issue would affect both. id try reflashing the factory img, if it does not help, then it is a hardware issue.
Yes but the problem is that it was working correctly until the backup finished restoring. After it finished, I couldn't touch the restart buttom on the TWRP screen so I turned off and on again the device and discovered that the touch wasn't working. Kind of weird.

jpmrno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Restored everything to stock and still doesn't work. Should be a hardware issue but can't understand how it happened, it was working correctly until the TWRP restore.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3039
Quote:
Restored everything to stock and still doesn't work. Should be a hardware issue but can't understand how it happened, it was working correctly until the TWRP restore.
Probably just coincidence but if reassuring to stock didn't cure it it probably is a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20649
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmrno View Post
it could have been just a coincidence. ive had those kind before, where i swear it was one thing but turned out another.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

jpmrno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
it could have been just a coincidence. ive had those kind before, where i swear it was one thing but turned out another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Probably just coincidence but if reassuring to stock didn't cure it it probably is a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Well I tried everything, it's probably hardware, too bad. Thank you anyway!