FORUMS

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

[Q] How do I transfer files from my pc to my Nexus 5?

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Eden3319, Member on 29th June 2014, 08:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
MTP is just horrible, it fails with the transfer everytime when I move large files and I also tried leaving the screen on. Is there any other way to transfer files or at least to fix this?
 
 
29th June 2014, 09:05 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
More
You could try via smb over wifi (a.k.a. windows shared folders) and a file manager on the phone that can connect to it

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
29th June 2014, 09:19 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

You could try via smb over wifi (a.k.a. windows shared folders) and a file manager on the phone that can connect to it

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

No other way to use the usb like other normal phones? :\
29th June 2014, 10:03 AM |#4  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,656
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden3319

No other way to use the usb like other normal phones? :\

No, MTP is the only option in android with a cable

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
29th June 2014, 04:09 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 448
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden3319

MTP is just horrible, it fails with the transfer everytime when I move large files and I also tried leaving the screen on. Is there any other way to transfer files or at least to fix this?

Do you have WiFi at home? You could try to use a file manager app such as Es File Explorer to send all your files over wireless.
29th June 2014, 04:12 PM |#6  
marleyfan61's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

Do you have WiFi at home? You could try to use a file manager app such as Es File Explorer to send all your files over wireless.

That's how I do it. Works like a charm.
29th June 2014, 06:35 PM |#7  
wim69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Try myphoneexplorer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
29th June 2014, 07:22 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I fixed it with an internet enabled file browser. Still... it's pretty stupid.
29th June 2014, 09:03 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Maynard, MA
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

No, MTP is the only option in android with a cable

Not entirely true. You can push/pull files to/from the device with adb, while connected via USB.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
29th June 2014, 09:35 PM |#10  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,656
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jss2

Not entirely true. You can push/pull files to/from the device with adb, while connected via USB.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes you're right but I guess I see that as a recovery-only solution

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes