Lte

Search This thread

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I seen where mystery ROM has what is called LTE mod. Does anyone know what this means? My phone had trouble connecting to LTE on a certain tower and I thought maybe it was something that might help. Thanks to those who may reply

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I seen where mystery ROM has what is called LTE mod. Does anyone know what this means? My phone had trouble connecting to LTE on a certain tower and I thought maybe it was something that might help. Thanks to those who may reply

sounds more like a buzzword that they are using. like adding lines to the build.prop and calling it their LTE mod.

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
There is a menu to change how often the LTE gets scanned for. With sprint a person would use ##3282# and it would take me to the menu with an HTC evo 4g LTE. So I'm sure all phones have this menu. I just don't know how to get to it with nexus 5.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
There is a menu to change how often the LTE gets scanned for. With sprint a person would use ##3282# and it would take me to the menu with an HTC evo 4g LTE. So I'm sure all phones have this menu. I just don't know how to get to it with nexus 5.

there is a menu like that on the nexus 5, which only works with sprint, and is disabled for all other networks.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I use t mobile. But there has to be a way on all carriers to change how the phone scans for LTE. I read that it scans once every half an hour. Bit I can't find where I found that. Lok

heres the app included in the n5 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cellmapper.nexus5fieldtestmode

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

most things dont work in that app on a tmo n5, only the same menu we talked about last night works. i just tried it.