maxell505
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIME INC. View Post
You can root again.

sent from my HAMMERHEAD neXus
Is using cf auto root considered a toolkit? I found a method to root my nexus 5 that runs android 4.2.2 but it says to do it the cf auto root way. Should I try this or not?

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxell505 View Post
Is using cf auto root considered a toolkit? I found a method to root my nexus 5 that runs android 4.2.2 but it says to do it the cf auto root way. Should I try this or not?
You can use cf auto root.

maxell505
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
You can use cf auto root.

So after I root with cf auto root I can just use twrp manager to flash twrp right

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1674
Quote:
So after I root with cf auto root I can just use twrp manager to flash twrp right
Yessir

maxell505
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Yessir

Alright thanks man I'll keep you updated on how it goes

maxell505
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Alright thanks man I'll keep you updated on how it goes
Alright so I rooted again but everytime I try to go into the stock recovery, it just shows the little android guy with a red triangle. I downloaded root checker and it says that i am rooted. It will not even install custom recovery. I downloaded TWRP manager and the image file downloads but the download finishes and it says download unsuccessful. Please help.

lyall29
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Alright so I rooted again but everytime I try to go into the stock recovery, it just shows the little android guy with a red triangle. I downloaded root checker and it says that i am rooted. It will not even install custom recovery. I downloaded TWRP manager and the image file downloads but the download finishes and it says download unsuccessful. Please help.
Go here for fastboot and adb... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269. Then download the nexus 5 recovery.IMG file from twrp's website. Place the recovery.img that you downloaded, into the same folder that you have fastboot and adb. Boot your phone into the bootloader, then connect your phone to your PC. Now, on your PC, open the folder where you have fastboot and your recovery.img, hold the shift key and click the right button on your mouse, then click on open command window here. Then type fastboot flash recovery "and the name of the recovery.IMG" without the quotation marks, and hit enter. You should see your PC start to flash the recovery. And that's it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maxell505
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyall29 View Post
Go here for fastboot and adb... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269. Then download the nexus 5 recovery.IMG file from twrp's website. Place the recovery.img that you downloaded, into the same folder that you have fastboot and adb. Boot your phone into the bootloader, then connect your phone to your PC. Now, on your PC, open the folder where you have fastboot and your recovery.img, hold the shift key and click the right button on your mouse, then click on open command window here. Then type fastboot flash recovery "and the name of the recovery.IMG" without the quotation marks, and hit enter. You should see your PC start to flash the recovery. And that's it!

It is alright. Thanks so much for the help but I just installed ROM Manager and I installed ClockWorkMod Recovery and it worked! But thanks for writing this whole thing because now I actually know what to do if it ever happens again.

lyall29
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
It is alright. Thanks so much for the help but I just installed ROM Manager and I installed ClockWorkMod Recovery and it worked! But thanks for writing this whole thing because now I actually know what to do if it ever happens again.
No problem. You should go ahead and try to learn how to use adb and fastboot. Once you do you your life will be a lot easier and its fun to learn. Plus if you ever need to flash the factory images, you will need fastboot anyway. Good luck.