5,598,657 Members 39,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Major Recovery Issues. Try this solution.

Tip us?

maxell505
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Phone [Q] Major Recovery Issues. Try this solution.

I cannot boot into recovery. I used a rootkit to unlock my bootloader and root my phone. TWRP worked fine when i tried it out for the first time and than i forgot about it. Today I tried to access it and it would not work. When I try installing TWRP from GooManager it just says it will download but it never does and then after a while the app shuts down. I tried flashing clockwork mod recovery from Rom Manager and it downloads all the way and than says that a problem occured. Can somebody please help me with my situation. When I press the power button and the volume down button and it brings me to the bootloader and i navigate to recovery, it just brings an android guy with a red triangle. please help me. I just want a custom recovery. I don't care what it is. Either TWRP or clockwork mod.

UPDATE: I figured out I lost root access so I rooted again and I now an successfully rooted but I still do not have a recovery. I tried to boot into the stock recovery but it will not work. It just shows a red triangle. So than I got TWRP Manager and tried to install TWRP from there but it still will not work.

UPDATE: I got Rom Manager and I looked in it and it said that I still had TWRP when I really had no recovery. So than I saw the option to get ClockWork Mod Recovery. I clicked on it and it installed successfully! So if you are having this same problem. Good luck to you. I hope what I did works for you.

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxell505 View Post
I cannot boot into recovery. I used a rootkit to unlock my bootloader and root my phone. TWRP worked fine when i tried it out for the first time and than i forgot about it. Today I tried to access it and it would not work. When I try installing TWRP from GooManager it just says it will download but it never does and then after a while the app shuts down. I tried flashing clockwork mod recovery from Rom Manager and it downloads all the way and than says that a problem occured. Can somebody please help me with my situation. When I press the power button and the volume down button and it brings me to the bootloader and i navigate to recovery, it just brings an android guy with a red triangle. please help me. I just want a custom recovery. I don't care what it is. Either TWRP or clockwork mod.

UPDATE: I figured out I lost root access so I rooted again and I now an successfully rooted but I still do not have a recovery. I tried to boot into the stock recovery but it will not work. It just shows a red triangle. So than I got TWRP Manager and tried to install TWRP from there but it still will not work.

UPDATE: I got Rom Manager and I looked in it and it said that I still had TWRP when I really had no recovery. So than I saw the option to get ClockWork Mod Recovery. I clicked on it and it installed successfully! So if you are having this same problem. Good luck to you. I hope what I did works for you.
Glad you got it sorted. For future reference, that android guy with the exclamation is stock recovery. You have to press vol up and power to get the menu to come up.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror