FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Can't make or receive calls

5th July 2014, 06:08 PM |#11  
Flag Gainesville, FL
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
I'd try the wiping the cache and reflashing the radio.
I had a similar issue first week of owning the phone any time I sent a text I lost service until I rebooted.

From what I've read some N5's don't like the 4.4.4 radios. Mine likes 4.4.4 but couldn't pick up a signal if it had a 50ft antenna with 4.4.3 radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

17th May 2015, 12:36 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Nexus 5 Not making or receiving calls
Quote:
Originally Posted by backside floaters

Started a couple days ago, using straight talk AT&T sim on my nexus 5, Data and text messages work fine, but whenever I try and make a phone call the signal drops completely and calls won't connect. People been telling me when they try to call it goes straight to voicemail. I'm running stock rom. Any suggestions? Straight talk and Google both with no help.

I just had this almost exact same scenario. I started having problems with signal dropping using CM12 nightlies (late April 2015) then eventually I switched over to a NET10 because T mobile was not cutting it to begin with. After the problem persisted on an ATT Sim card with NET10, I started flashing different ROMs. Signal seemed to be more stable and everything was fine for a while. After a few days I was no longer able to make or receive calls.

Eventually I did a complete factory image (still didn't work)
Flashed a 4.4 radio image (didn't work immediately, but the next morning it seems to be working as of now)

I probably could have skipped the hours of trouble shooting if I would have (found this thread first) and just tried flashing different radio images. Or maybe it was the series of other steps combined...not really sure.

Good luck and hopefully this helps the next person going through this mess. Oh and don't event waste your time calling NET10/Straighttalk customer service.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread