MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more
Post Reply

[Q]Malicious Looking "Search" App Installed In System

7th January 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #1  
Dogie52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I have attached a picture of a search app that looks malicious should I be worried about this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-07-01-03-25.png
Views:	1317
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	2499672  
7th January 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,685
 
22,653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
This is the old Google quicksearchbox

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
7th January 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #3  
Dogie52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

This is the old Google quicksearchbox

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Should it be on my phone? Its installed in /System ?
7th January 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #4  
Chromium's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,984
 
4,400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogie52

Should it be on my phone? Its installed in /System ?

Yes, nothing to be worried about.
7th January 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #5  
Dogie52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_

Yes, nothing to be worried about.

Alright thanks I just thought it was odd it was never removed it's outdated
7th January 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #6  
Dogie52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Even when I remove the app it just comes back like it can't be uninstalled with TB
7th January 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #7  
Chromium's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,984
 
4,400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogie52

Even when I remove the app it just comes back like it can't be uninstalled with TB

If you want to remove it delete manually from /system/app with a root file explorer.
7th January 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #8  
Dogie52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_

If you want to remove it delete manually from /system/app with a root file explorer.

That worked just about to post my question now is though does anyone else have this app on there phone?
8th January 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #9  
Chromium's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,984
 
4,400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogie52

That worked just about to post my question now is though does anyone else have this app on there phone?

Yes Ive had it in the past, but I always delete it. I think its part of the gapps package.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #10  
Dogie52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_

Yes Ive had it in the past, but I always delete it. I think its part of the gapps package.

Thanks for your help its truly appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank