Maps not working properly

OP yto5

15th July 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Howrah
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
I have been living in home town with a nexus 5 as my daily driver for 4 month's but i experienced no error with my maps and gps location but two days ago i moved to a new city from then maps behaves in a wired manner, suppose if a ask for nearest bank or pizza hut it shows wrong locations even my gps in not working properly as when i move it doesn't move with me but for some time stays intact and then all of sudden catches my position, these error are just annoying as I'm new in city and makes traveling difficult..

Can someone tell me the cause of the error ...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th July 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 4

51 posts
Well, it seems that your location fix isnt really working as intended. Now we have to see why.

Please recheck your Location Settings, how are they setup? Go to Settings > Location and check. Try to set to high-accuracy and test again. You need a working internet-connection too to fully make use of this though. And of course, make sure that GPS is turned on, but i probably wont have to tell you that

As a good alternative, depending on size of city at least, is to store the map on local storage. Maps has an option for this. There you can select an area to be accessable without Internet connection, maybe try to use that and see if it works better.
15th July 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
I'd also had this problem. I needed to re-check Location, but also needed to Agree (again) with Google Terms, before I could get Maps/Navigation to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread