FORUMS

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

Massive battery drain with xposed framework or Gravity box latest update ?

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Matte93, Member on 31st May 2014, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Am I the only one that has seen massive battery drain with xposed framework or gravity box latest update ?

I always make a backup before updating so now i'm back at version 2.5.1 Xposed and 3.1.2 on gravity box. Not having battery problem now.

If i update to 2.6.1 xposed and to 3.1.4 GravityBox i have massive battery drain.

Am i the only one?

Maybe i'm updating in the wrong way. This is how i do:
1.Download and install latest xposed apk.
2.Framework--> Install/Update
3.Reboot.

31st May 2014, 10:11 PM |#2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 158

More
That's really strange. After updating, did you try wiping cache/dalvik?
31st May 2014, 10:14 PM |#3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,877

Donate to Me
More
What do you mean by massive battery drain? Need more details, what's causing it. A battery screen shot would be better than nothing, better yet, gsam or bbs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
31st May 2014, 10:25 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

What do you mean by massive battery drain? Need more details, what's causing it. A battery screen shot would be better than nothing, better yet, gsam or bbs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Didn't try to wiping cache/dalvik.

I can't make battery screen shot because i've restored the nandroid backup. I remember on BBS under "Partial Wakelocks" the first was nlpCollectorWakeLock, in about 20 minutes the wakelocks count were at about 200. And under "Alarms" com.google.android.gms was first.
1st June 2014, 01:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,441

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte93

Didn't try to wiping cache/dalvik.

I can't make battery screen shot because i've restored the nandroid backup. I remember on BBS under "Partial Wakelocks" the first was nlpCollectorWakeLock, in about 20 minutes the wakelocks count were at about 200. And under "Alarms" com.google.android.gms was first.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Xposed or Gravity Box. NLP stands for Network Location Provider and the cause of NLP wakelocks are the Google Location Service. There's a long thread about this particular issue in the Nexus 5 general section. Turn your location settings off or "device only" and/or turn off Google Now. That is right now the only work-around available until Google fixes it.

Edit: Here's a link to that thread so you can read more about the issue. It is not ROM related, it is not Xposed related, it is not kernel related and it is not recovery related.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akselic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 08:15 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Ok thanks. I'll try to update again xposed and gravitybox
1st June 2014, 01:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,441

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte93

Ok thanks. I'll try to update again xposed and gravitybox

Like I said mate, it doesn't matter. You can even uninstall xposed and gravitybox and it won't make any difference regarding that NLP wakelock bug. It is Google's problem and occurs with location access and Google Now.
The Following User Says Thank You to akselic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 02:01 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
I disabled Google Now, and changed the location setting to only GPS. Now it's even better. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Matte93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread