Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Massive battery drain with xposed framework or Gravity box latest update ?

Tip us?

Matte93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Massive battery drain with xposed framework or Gravity box latest update ?

Am I the only one that has seen massive battery drain with xposed framework or gravity box latest update ?

I always make a backup before updating so now i'm back at version 2.5.1 Xposed and 3.1.2 on gravity box. Not having battery problem now.

If i update to 2.6.1 xposed and to 3.1.4 GravityBox i have massive battery drain.

Am i the only one?

Maybe i'm updating in the wrong way. This is how i do:
1.Download and install latest xposed apk.
2.Framework--> Install/Update
3.Reboot.

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 121
That's really strange. After updating, did you try wiping cache/dalvik?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3039
What do you mean by massive battery drain? Need more details, what's causing it. A battery screen shot would be better than nothing, better yet, gsam or bbs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Matte93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
What do you mean by massive battery drain? Need more details, what's causing it. A battery screen shot would be better than nothing, better yet, gsam or bbs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Didn't try to wiping cache/dalvik.

I can't make battery screen shot because i've restored the nandroid backup. I remember on BBS under "Partial Wakelocks" the first was nlpCollectorWakeLock, in about 20 minutes the wakelocks count were at about 200. And under "Alarms" com.google.android.gms was first.

akselic
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte93 View Post
Didn't try to wiping cache/dalvik.

I can't make battery screen shot because i've restored the nandroid backup. I remember on BBS under "Partial Wakelocks" the first was nlpCollectorWakeLock, in about 20 minutes the wakelocks count were at about 200. And under "Alarms" com.google.android.gms was first.
This has absolutely nothing to do with Xposed or Gravity Box. NLP stands for Network Location Provider and the cause of NLP wakelocks are the Google Location Service. There's a long thread about this particular issue in the Nexus 5 general section. Turn your location settings off or "device only" and/or turn off Google Now. That is right now the only work-around available until Google fixes it.

Edit: Here's a link to that thread so you can read more about the issue. It is not ROM related, it is not Xposed related, it is not kernel related and it is not recovery related.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akselic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Matte93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Ok thanks. I'll try to update again xposed and gravitybox

akselic
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte93 View Post
Ok thanks. I'll try to update again xposed and gravitybox
Like I said mate, it doesn't matter. You can even uninstall xposed and gravitybox and it won't make any difference regarding that NLP wakelock bug. It is Google's problem and occurs with location access and Google Now.
The Following User Says Thank You to akselic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Matte93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I disabled Google Now, and changed the location setting to only GPS. Now it's even better. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Matte93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]