Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Switched from Spint to AT&T, at first my N5 would not send or receive calls

Tip us?

Raistlin1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default Switched from Spint to AT&T, at first my N5 would not send or receive calls

Maybe this will help someone or maybe it was just a fluke but when I ported my number from Sprint to AT&T I could not make or receive calls but data (LTE) worked fine. And yes, the port was fully completed.

I was also porting my wife's line and I have an AT&T S4 for her, which worked fine so we switched out the sims to see if that would have worked but we had the same problem calling her number on my N5. When we called my number on her S4 it went through just fine.

I then put my sim back into the N5 after it was in the S4 and worked fully and then my N5 could make and receive calls. I vaguely remember people having issues on a brand new sim from AT&T with their N5 and commentators stating that if the sim wasn't activated on an LTE phone before the N5 that you would have problems.

Very strange but just wanted to give my $.02

And I am loving AT&T so far, very glad they dropped their mobile share plan prices for out of contract and were offering the $100 bill credit for each new line. Consistently getting between 10-20 mbps down in most areas and my wife is getting 40mbps down at her job, on Sprint my LTE was very spotty and only getting between 2-5mpbs with a rare jump to 10 or more.
Galaxy Tab 10.1

RIP - OG EVO - Wife killed the power button
Amon_RA 2.3 | MikG 3.11
AnthraX Kernel (sometimes)

MrObvious
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1 View Post
Maybe this will help someone or maybe it was just a fluke but when I ported my number from Sprint to AT&T I could not make or receive calls but data (LTE) worked fine. And yes, the port was fully completed.

I was also porting my wife's line and I have an AT&T S4 for her, which worked fine so we switched out the sims to see if that would have worked but we had the same problem calling her number on my N5. When we called my number on her S4 it went through just fine.

I then put my sim back into the N5 after it was in the S4 and worked fully and then my N5 could make and receive calls. I vaguely remember people having issues on a brand new sim from AT&T with their N5 and commentators stating that if the sim wasn't activated on an LTE phone before the N5 that you would have problems.

Very strange but just wanted to give my $.02

And I am loving AT&T so far, very glad they dropped their mobile share plan prices for out of contract and were offering the $100 bill credit for each new line. Consistently getting between 10-20 mbps down in most areas and my wife is getting 40mbps down at her job, on Sprint my LTE was very spotty and only getting between 2-5mpbs with a rare jump to 10 or more.
Does it work on HSPA (3g)?

Raistlin1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Does it work on HSPA (3g)?
Before we switched SIMs that is what we did to get the phone to work, if I turned off LTE and set N5 to 3G the phone worked fine. But it would not make or receive calls when set to LTE.

Now with the N5 set to LTE when I make or receive a call the antenna switches to 3G and call works as it should.
Galaxy Tab 10.1

RIP - OG EVO - Wife killed the power button
Amon_RA 2.3 | MikG 3.11
AnthraX Kernel (sometimes)