Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Switched from Spint to AT&T, at first my N5 would not send or receive calls

OP Raistlin1

31st March 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94

955 posts
More
Maybe this will help someone or maybe it was just a fluke but when I ported my number from Sprint to AT&T I could not make or receive calls but data (LTE) worked fine. And yes, the port was fully completed.

I was also porting my wife's line and I have an AT&T S4 for her, which worked fine so we switched out the sims to see if that would have worked but we had the same problem calling her number on my N5. When we called my number on her S4 it went through just fine.

I then put my sim back into the N5 after it was in the S4 and worked fully and then my N5 could make and receive calls. I vaguely remember people having issues on a brand new sim from AT&T with their N5 and commentators stating that if the sim wasn't activated on an LTE phone before the N5 that you would have problems.

Very strange but just wanted to give my $.02

And I am loving AT&T so far, very glad they dropped their mobile share plan prices for out of contract and were offering the $100 bill credit for each new line. Consistently getting between 10-20 mbps down in most areas and my wife is getting 40mbps down at her job, on Sprint my LTE was very spotty and only getting between 2-5mpbs with a rare jump to 10 or more.
31st March 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 282

2,028 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1

Maybe this will help someone or maybe it was just a fluke but when I ported my number from Sprint to AT&T I could not make or receive calls but data (LTE) worked fine. And yes, the port was fully completed.

I was also porting my wife's line and I have an AT&T S4 for her, which worked fine so we switched out the sims to see if that would have worked but we had the same problem calling her number on my N5. When we called my number on her S4 it went through just fine.

I then put my sim back into the N5 after it was in the S4 and worked fully and then my N5 could make and receive calls. I vaguely remember people having issues on a brand new sim from AT&T with their N5 and commentators stating that if the sim wasn't activated on an LTE phone before the N5 that you would have problems.

Very strange but just wanted to give my $.02

And I am loving AT&T so far, very glad they dropped their mobile share plan prices for out of contract and were offering the $100 bill credit for each new line. Consistently getting between 10-20 mbps down in most areas and my wife is getting 40mbps down at her job, on Sprint my LTE was very spotty and only getting between 2-5mpbs with a rare jump to 10 or more.

Does it work on HSPA (3g)?
31st March 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94

955 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

Does it work on HSPA (3g)?

Before we switched SIMs that is what we did to get the phone to work, if I turned off LTE and set N5 to 3G the phone worked fine. But it would not make or receive calls when set to LTE.

Now with the N5 set to LTE when I make or receive a call the antenna switches to 3G and call works as it should.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread