Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Meenova problems...

Tip us?

dave2metz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
Default Meenova problems...

Hi. I got my Meenova in the mail about a week ago. Since I have a Nexus 5, I thought this would be perfect. I bought a brand new 16gb, class 10 Lexar sdhc to go with the Meenova. I formatted the card in my computer to Fat32. I have read through the different threads, and the process seems simple enough. Anyways, every time I connect the Meenova to my N5, I get "Preparing USB Storage" in the notification bar. Underneath that it reads "checking for errors". But it never goes away. I've tried Stickmount and also formatting the sd card to exfat and NFTS. I am currently rooted, running Commotio Nightly 2-20-2014. Are there any settings on the phone itself that I need to adjust? Same thing happens with an older sd card too... What do I need to do? Any help would be much appreciated! It bugs me that I can't get this to work properly. Thank you!

NEXUS 5
ADDICTED TO XDA SINCE 2010

- NEXUS 5 -

theesotericone
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Make sure the card is formatted to primary not logical.
The Following User Says Thank You to theesotericone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dave2metz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
Is that just a setting in the format menu on my pc? I'll go check... Thanks.

NEXUS 5

- NEXUS 5 -

theesotericone
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz View Post
Is that just a setting in the format menu on my pc? I'll go check... Thanks.
I don't know what program you're using but it should be there somewhere. When I ran winblows I used this free formatting program:

Mini Tool

dave2metz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
Ok cool. I'm looking now.

NEXUS 5

- NEXUS 5 -

dave2metz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
With Windows, I go to my computer, right click on the SD card, go to format. It gives the option for fat32, exfat, nfts I think. Plus the option to quick format or format the longer way. I've tried all of them. The link you gave me brings me to a page with a bunch of programs to download. Sorry, I'm not real computer savvy. I tried another program, but it just kept giving me tons of pop up ads. Thanks for the help though.. I appreciate it.

NEXUS 5

- NEXUS 5 -

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz View Post
With Windows, I go to my computer, right click on the SD card, go to format. It gives the option for fat32, exfat, nfts I think. Plus the option to quick format or format the longer way. I've tried all of them. The link you gave me brings me to a page with a bunch of programs to download. Sorry, I'm not real computer savvy. I tried another program, but it just kept giving me tons of pop up ads. Thanks for the help though.. I appreciate it.

NEXUS 5
I use EaseUS Partition Master (http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm) for all my formatting needs on my Windows 7 PC. It's super simple to use. I've used it to format my 2 64GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC cards to FAT32 and I've never hit any issues. Just plug in your SD card to your computer, open up the program, right click on the sd card you want to reformat, select format (or reformat (I can't remember what it says)), select FAT32, and voila. It's super quick to (done in a matter of seconds).
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone View Post
I don't know what program you're using but it should be there somewhere. When I ran winblows I used this free formatting program:

Mini Tool
Awful tool. Seen so many bad formats with it.
I wouldn't touch it ever again, even for the simple tasks it should be able to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
I use EaseUS Partition Master (http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm) for all my formatting needs on my Windows 7 PC. It's super simple to use. I've used it to format my 2 64GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC cards to FAT32 and I've never hit any issues. Just plug in your SD card to your computer, open up the program, right click on the sd card you want to reformat, select format (or reformat (I can't remember what it says)), select FAT32, and voila. It's super quick to (done in a matter of seconds).
+1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]