Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

Memory issues

OP Gipiv

26th February 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Thanks. This helps a great deal. I agree with the difference not being much, so it would make more sense to get the 32Gb version.
It' s pretty cool that there doesn't seem to much of an issue with not having an extra memory slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Totally depends on the user's needs I must say. If you use your phone for entertainment purposes and play a lot of games, then the 32 GB will be your best bet.

I like keeping family, friends pics on my phone (However, I do keep a backup on my laptop), so the 16gb isn't sufficient for me. Besides that, the difference in price between the 16 and 32 gig models isn't that much.

26th February 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Thanks.
I've heard about the Meenova and it seems to be quite the "problem" (I beginning to think there isn't one) solver. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be getting one once I order the Nexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy

I bought the 16GB version but also bought a Meenova OTG micoSDcard reader. It's so compact that I easily carry 32GB of extra storage around with me available for my Nexus 5 at a moments notice. Assuming you own a micoSDcard the Meenova reader only cost around $13 with shipping varying per country. I'm in Canada so the whole expenditure was $17. The Meenova can handle up to a 64GB card.

See:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=60

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

26th February 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #13  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,306

3,977 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipiv

Thanks. This helps a great deal. I agree with the difference not being much, so it would make more sense to get the 32Gb version.
It' s pretty cool that there doesn't seem to much of an issue with not having an extra memory slot.

Yes, it sure is!

I also came across this mini card reader, it costs just $12!! Memory card support is upto 64 gig.
https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/order.html

I'm thinking of buying it as it will be really helpful to load stuff when we are on the go...

How it will look on n5:
26th February 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #14  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,149

23,137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipiv

Thanks.
I've heard about the Meenova and it seems to be quite the "problem" (I beginning to think there isn't one) solver. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be getting one once I order the Nexus.

Of course with App data If you like games, you're going to need root to move that data to external storage
26th February 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
It really does look good !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

That looks toooo goood!!!

26th February 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #16  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 320

1,374 posts
More
OTG storage can be a hit to the battery as well. If you have the option, get the 32Gb version. $50 for fast Nand built in is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Talking
Thanks for the advice ! The 32Gb really does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

OTG storage can be a hit to the battery as well. If you have the option, get the 32Gb version. $50 for fast Nand built in is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread