5,595,000 Members 39,414 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Memory issues

Tip us?
 
Gipiv
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2012
Thanks. This helps a great deal. I agree with the difference not being much, so it would make more sense to get the 32Gb version.
It' s pretty cool that there doesn't seem to much of an issue with not having an extra memory slot.



Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Totally depends on the user's needs I must say. If you use your phone for entertainment purposes and play a lot of games, then the 32 GB will be your best bet.

I like keeping family, friends pics on my phone (However, I do keep a backup on my laptop), so the 16gb isn't sufficient for me. Besides that, the difference in price between the 16 and 32 gig models isn't that much.
 
Gipiv
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default 56498888

Thanks.
I've heard about the Meenova and it seems to be quite the "problem" (I beginning to think there isn't one) solver. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be getting one once I order the Nexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
I bought the 16GB version but also bought a Meenova OTG micoSDcard reader. It's so compact that I easily carry 32GB of extra storage around with me available for my Nexus 5 at a moments notice. Assuming you own a micoSDcard the Meenova reader only cost around $13 with shipping varying per country. I'm in Canada so the whole expenditure was $17. The Meenova can handle up to a 64GB card.

See:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=60

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
 
vin4yak
Old
#13  
vin4yak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 805
Posts: 1,939
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipiv View Post
Thanks. This helps a great deal. I agree with the difference not being much, so it would make more sense to get the 32Gb version.
It' s pretty cool that there doesn't seem to much of an issue with not having an extra memory slot.
Yes, it sure is!

I also came across this mini card reader, it costs just $12!! Memory card support is upto 64 gig.
https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/order.html

I'm thinking of buying it as it will be really helpful to load stuff when we are on the go...

How it will look on n5:
 
rootSU
Old
#14  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7396
Posts: 17,926
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipiv View Post
Thanks.
I've heard about the Meenova and it seems to be quite the "problem" (I beginning to think there isn't one) solver. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be getting one once I order the Nexus.
Of course with App data If you like games, you're going to need root to move that data to external storage
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
Gipiv
Old
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2012
It really does look good !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
That looks toooo goood!!!
 
bblzd
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 814
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
OTG storage can be a hit to the battery as well. If you have the option, get the 32Gb version. $50 for fast Nand built in is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Gipiv
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2012
Thanks for the advice ! The 32Gb really does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
OTG storage can be a hit to the battery as well. If you have the option, get the 32Gb version. $50 for fast Nand built in is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...