Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Memory issues

Tip us?

Gipiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks. This helps a great deal. I agree with the difference not being much, so it would make more sense to get the 32Gb version.
It' s pretty cool that there doesn't seem to much of an issue with not having an extra memory slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Totally depends on the user's needs I must say. If you use your phone for entertainment purposes and play a lot of games, then the 32 GB will be your best bet.

I like keeping family, friends pics on my phone (However, I do keep a backup on my laptop), so the 16gb isn't sufficient for me. Besides that, the difference in price between the 16 and 32 gig models isn't that much.

Gipiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 56498888

Thanks.
I've heard about the Meenova and it seems to be quite the "problem" (I beginning to think there isn't one) solver. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be getting one once I order the Nexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
I bought the 16GB version but also bought a Meenova OTG micoSDcard reader. It's so compact that I easily carry 32GB of extra storage around with me available for my Nexus 5 at a moments notice. Assuming you own a micoSDcard the Meenova reader only cost around $13 with shipping varying per country. I'm in Canada so the whole expenditure was $17. The Meenova can handle up to a 64GB card.

See:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=60

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipiv View Post
Thanks. This helps a great deal. I agree with the difference not being much, so it would make more sense to get the 32Gb version.
It' s pretty cool that there doesn't seem to much of an issue with not having an extra memory slot.
Yes, it sure is!

I also came across this mini card reader, it costs just $12!! Memory card support is upto 64 gig.
https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/order.html

I'm thinking of buying it as it will be really helpful to load stuff when we are on the go...

How it will look on n5:

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipiv View Post
Thanks.
I've heard about the Meenova and it seems to be quite the "problem" (I beginning to think there isn't one) solver. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be getting one once I order the Nexus.
Of course with App data If you like games, you're going to need root to move that data to external storage
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Gipiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It really does look good !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
That looks toooo goood!!!

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 280
OTG storage can be a hit to the battery as well. If you have the option, get the 32Gb version. $50 for fast Nand built in is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gipiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the advice ! The 32Gb really does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
OTG storage can be a hit to the battery as well. If you have the option, get the 32Gb version. $50 for fast Nand built in is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk