Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No menu in Chrome

Tip us?

idksomuch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No menu in Chrome

So my Nexus 5 doesn't have the three-dot menu in chrome that lets you access incognito mode and history and settings and whatnot. I first noticed this when I installed PA rom but after factory wiping my Nexus and even upgrading to 4.4.3, Chrome still doesn't have the menu. My friend's N5 still has the menu key so I'm wondering is it because of some setting I did on my phone or is Chrome like that now?

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by idksomuch View Post
So my Nexus 5 doesn't have the three-dot menu in chrome that lets you access incognito mode and history and settings and whatnot. I first noticed this when I installed PA rom but after factory wiping my Nexus and even upgrading to 4.4.3, Chrome still doesn't have the menu. My friend's N5 still has the menu key so I'm wondering is it because of some setting I did on my phone or is Chrome like that now?
I always use LMT launcher to open the Menu. Maybe PA ROM has a feature to show up the 3dots icon on the navbar.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themesDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | Mahdi | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

idksomuch
Old
(Last edited by idksomuch; 12th June 2014 at 10:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
I always use LMT launcher to open the Menu. Maybe PA ROM has a feature to show up the 3dots icon on the navbar.
Actually, I don't have PA on my phone anymore but Chrome still doesnt have the menu option.
EDIT: I had Pie control from GravityBox on the entire time with the software keys gone but as soon as I turned off Pie Control and turnen on the software keys again, Chrome has the 3-dot menu key. Is there a way I can keep the menu in Chrome while disabling the navkeys and using pie control?

EDIT2: I finally figured it out! I had to enable Force Overflow menu button in Misc. Tweaks in GravityBox.