[Q] 'Messaging' App

OP Ohiostyle

15th February 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
I'm looking to sideload the sms app that i've had with two previous android phones. After getting my new N5 yesterday, it seems the stock 'messaging' app has been replaced in favor of hangouts. New to hangouts, but after about a day, i can say f-that. I know other sms apps are out there, but i really just want the one I've had for years. I promise I've used the search feature, please don't fault me if this info is out there.
15th February 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 202

541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiostyle

I'm looking to sideload the sms app that i've had with two previous android phones. After getting my new N5 yesterday, it seems the stock 'messaging' app has been replaced in favor of hangouts. New to hangouts, but after about a day, i can say f-that. I know other sms apps are out there, but i really just want the one I've had for years. I promise I've used the search feature, please don't fault me if this info is out there.

Hi, you need to install the app you want, go to Settings/wireless & Network/More/Default SMS app

There you new app may show up, so, you can set it as default.
Btw, your post was not too clear but is that what you mean?
Last edited by GUGUITOMTG4; 15th February 2014 at 03:25 AM.
15th February 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Cleveland

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGUITOMTG4

Hi, you need to install the app you want, go to Settings/wireless & Network/More/Default SMS app

The problem is that the messaging app wasn't installed. My N5 was bought from the play store jsut this week. Maybe it is installed on the t-mobile or sprint variants? Has anyone pulled that apk and posted it anywhere? My wife just got an unlocked moto x and it has it.
15th February 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ping Me
Thanks Meter: 56

411 posts
More
Quote:

The app you may be looking for is 8sms! Its on play store you dont have to sideload!
The Following User Says Thank You to gamer.11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #5  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 160

742 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519733
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #6  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 202

541 posts
More
Quote:

The problem is that the messaging app wasn't installed. My N5 was bought from the play store jsut this week. Maybe it is installed on the t-mobile or sprint variants? Has anyone pulled that apk and posted it anywhere? My wife just got an unlocked moto x and it has it.

http://www.hugedrive.com/published/W...view&file=NzA=
this is the stock MMS.apk you see in that picture
The Following User Says Thank You to GUGUITOMTG4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Cleveland

17 posts
More
Thanks, I see it's not totally the stock messaging app, but I will give it a try. It mentions a lack of bloat, but new useful features. Anyone know what additional features are that they've added?
15th February 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball2k

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519733

Thanks mate. It works with me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hangouts, messaging, mms, sms
Previous Thread Next Thread