Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Microsoft Lync 2013

OP JJsevol

22nd January 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag big city
Thanks Meter: 120

319 posts
More
I'm trying to get Lync to work on my phone but every time I enter my information it says Can't sign you in. Please try again. I also can't find much information about the app working on our phones. Does lync work on our phones?
22nd January 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,481

24,590 posts
More
Yes and no. I find my data arrows going up and down constantly and the moment they stop doing that, it starts showing contacts as "presence unknown" and if you're typing a message to them at the time, I find the moment they go "presence unknown" my keyboard retracts. This can happen multiple times during a single message or sometimes it will be stable but im finding it very frustrating

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag big city

319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yes and no. I find my data arrows going up and down constantly and the moment they stop doing that, it starts showing contacts as "presence unknown" and if you're typing a message to them at the time, I find the moment they go "presence unknown" my keyboard retracts. This can happen multiple times during a single message or sometimes it will be stable but im finding it very frustrating

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

That doesn't sound good at all. I noticed your location is the UK and the app says it might not work depending on your location. I'm in US and maybe that's why I'm having issues.
22nd January 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #4  

24,590 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsevol

That doesn't sound good at all. I noticed your location is the UK and the app says it might not work depending on your location. I'm in US and maybe that's why I'm having issues.

I'm on office 365, running out of microsoft's US exchange estate

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

22nd January 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag big city

319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I'm on office 365, running out of microsoft's US exchange estate

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Got it, I'm on the same thing. My IT team can't figure out why we can't connect.
22nd January 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #6  

24,590 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsevol

Got it, I'm on the same thing. My IT team can't figure out why we can't connect.

Should just work. All my settings are default (including auto detect server). Just entered e-mail and password. I know Lync hasn't always signed in. I only just tried it again recently - and that is since our Wave 15 upgrade, which we did several months ago. I assume all tenants are on Wave 15 now though.

I know that one of my colleagues can't get lync working on one of his iOS devices either.

And even when it works, it's flaky. Since it's dropping out all the time, I'm concerned messages I am supposed to be receiving actual end up going to my computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
If your corporate Lync server has self sign certificate, you should install the certificate first.
25th January 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #8  

24,590 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_acces

If your corporate Lync server has self sign certificate, you should install the certificate first.

It hasn't. He is on Office 365 as I am.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread