XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microsoft Lync 2013

Tip us?

JJsevol
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Microsoft Lync 2013

I'm trying to get Lync to work on my phone but every time I enter my information it says Can't sign you in. Please try again. I also can't find much information about the app working on our phones. Does lync work on our phones?
Nexus 5
Don't be shy hit the THANKS

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7379
Yes and no. I find my data arrows going up and down constantly and the moment they stop doing that, it starts showing contacts as "presence unknown" and if you're typing a message to them at the time, I find the moment they go "presence unknown" my keyboard retracts. This can happen multiple times during a single message or sometimes it will be stable but im finding it very frustrating

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

JJsevol
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Yes and no. I find my data arrows going up and down constantly and the moment they stop doing that, it starts showing contacts as "presence unknown" and if you're typing a message to them at the time, I find the moment they go "presence unknown" my keyboard retracts. This can happen multiple times during a single message or sometimes it will be stable but im finding it very frustrating

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
That doesn't sound good at all. I noticed your location is the UK and the app says it might not work depending on your location. I'm in US and maybe that's why I'm having issues.
Nexus 5

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsevol View Post
That doesn't sound good at all. I noticed your location is the UK and the app says it might not work depending on your location. I'm in US and maybe that's why I'm having issues.
I'm on office 365, running out of microsoft's US exchange estate

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

JJsevol
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
I'm on office 365, running out of microsoft's US exchange estate

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Got it, I'm on the same thing. My IT team can't figure out why we can't connect.
Nexus 5

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsevol View Post
Got it, I'm on the same thing. My IT team can't figure out why we can't connect.
Should just work. All my settings are default (including auto detect server). Just entered e-mail and password. I know Lync hasn't always signed in. I only just tried it again recently - and that is since our Wave 15 upgrade, which we did several months ago. I assume all tenants are on Wave 15 now though.

I know that one of my colleagues can't get lync working on one of his iOS devices either.

And even when it works, it's flaky. Since it's dropping out all the time, I'm concerned messages I am supposed to be receiving actual end up going to my computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x_acces
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If your corporate Lync server has self sign certificate, you should install the certificate first.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_acces View Post
If your corporate Lync server has self sign certificate, you should install the certificate first.
It hasn't. He is on Office 365 as I am.