Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 40,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Missing directories when viewing on pc

Tip us?

enettrek
Old
(Last edited by enettrek; 9th April 2014 at 07:35 AM.) Reason: hit send by accident
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Missing directories when viewing on pc

I just got my first LG for my son. I have rooted it already but I noticed something and wondered if anyone else has this problem.

The problem is when you view the sdcard through browser on the phone the files are all there but
when you plug it up to the usb port there are some directories missing. What gives? I looked at the
permissions and their all not "hidden" but yet the directories aren't in the pc browser...

Also, does anyone know of a app that looks like something else that I can hide app icons in so they can't be seen in the app window... I have some apps that run in the background of my sons phone that allows me to know what he's up to without making him feel like he's on a leash. Trust but verify ya know. lol

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by enettrek View Post
I just got my first LG for my son. I have rooted it already but I noticed something and wondered if anyone else has this problem.

The problem is when you view the sdcard through browser on the phone the files are all there but
when you plug it up to the usb port there are some directories missing. What gives? I looked at the
permissions and their all not "hidden" but yet the directories aren't in the pc browser...

Also, does anyone know of a app that looks like something else that I can hide app icons in so they can't be seen in the app window... I have some apps that run in the background of my sons phone that allows me to know what he's up to without making him feel like he's on a leash. Trust but verify ya know. lol
A reboot of both the PC and phone often fixes that issue.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

maxjunk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
as Android is based of Linux all files and directories starting with a "." are hidden.