No registration required

[Q] MiUi on Nexus 5 ?

OP Naughtie

4th August 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hey guys,

Long time lurker on the forums here. I just bought a Mi3 for wifey and just love the MiUi on the Mi3 and would like to install it on my Nexus 5. I have already downloaded the latest ROM and Nexus tools from the MiUi website. Now there are few things I would like to understand before applying the ROM to my beloved Nexus.

How would be the battery life affected. I already hate the Battery life of the Nexus. Will it further reduce or will my Nexus gain couple of more hours with the MiUi.

How would be the performance of the camera.

What all will I be losing from the current Android 4.4.4. I already miss the notification badges and lock screen notifications on the vanilla android. Adding widgets further drains the battery. MiUi has that with the stock settings only. What all will I be losing if I shift to MiUi and how stable is the current stable release from the guys. Also what about stock Google Apps like Play store and YouTube as last I heard china doesn't allow google in china and the same are omitted from the MiUi.

I wanted to post this in the Android development thread but I don't have enough posts/privileges to be eligible.

Thanks In Advance
4th August 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 173

805 posts
More
1. You are asking a question, so you should be posting it in the question and answer forum and not the DEVELOPMENT forum, which is mainly for development. So you are posting it in the correct forum.
2. You won't lose YouTube and Google Play. I believe the builds here already come with them. If not then it is a simple matter of installing gapps. Also, the play store isn't blocked in China.
3. Battery life is subjective and depends on how you use your phone. It made no difference with mine but it is a matter of what apps you run and how often you run them. Everybody's usage pattern is different so you can't use others' opinions on battery life as a gauge for your own.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread