Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No mobile data after reverting from CM to stock

Tip us?

Mirrorguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] No mobile data after reverting from CM to stock

Okay, so I've been searching the net for days and to no avail. I installed the new Cyanogenmod on my Nexus 5 and found it, well, awful. It kept hanging, restarting etc. Now when I tried to revert back to stock, I downloaded the image file from developers/google/com/android/nexus/images, and there's no 4g. No mobile data whatsoever. I can call, the Wi-Fi is working, but no mobile data. I've tried factory resetting, installing a different radio zip etc. When I install Cyanogenmod again, the 4g works again, but after going back to stock nothing again. Any help?

Mirrorguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wow, this is stupid, but after trying everything, including running every new stock rom, I tried installing the 4.4 (KRT16M) AND IT FINALLY WORKED. I'm gonna leave this up for anyone in the same situation as me.

Mirrorguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, would you guess, the problem's back, but from a different angle. After installing 4.4.0, and letting the device upgrade itself to 4.4.4, the data worked perfectly. Now I tried to install the android L developer preview and again no data connection.
Does anyone have any idea if it could be a regional issue or something? I tried flashing older radio zip files but to no avail, now back to 4.4.0 .

Itsukki
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Try setting a new APN with your carrier settings.

BlackElvis79
Old
(Last edited by BlackElvis79; 27th June 2014 at 06:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 164

DONATE TO ME
I lost connection all together last Saturday. I flashed CM 11,Friday and all was well. Received a call Saturday, it rang once then lost connection. Had to reboot four times to regain service and that was short lived. After any call incoming or outgoing, I lose service. All APNs are present. WiFi works. SIM alert when SIM is removed. SIM works fine in my N4. Did a complete tear down and it's not hardware related.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Sim works fine in my N4 also
DEVICE: White T-Mo SGS II SPL:Stock
BUILD: Darkside ICS STORAGE: 16gb Int. Mem
RECOVERY: CWM 5.8.1.3 Touch (Donated) THEME: UCLE2-R5 KERNEL: Darkside

Previous Devices:
GSM Galaxy Nexus
R'd & UL'd HTC Amaze 4G
R'd & UL'd HTC Sensation 4G
R'd & UL'd T-Mo Vibrant and Vibrant 4G
R'd HTC Evo 4G
R'd & UL'd LG G2X
R'd & UL'd HTC Vision
UL'd/Droided/R'd HTC HD2
R'd Nexus One
R'd Droid Eris
R'd Sapphire (white)
R'd Dream (black)

Itsukki
Old
Thanks Meter 31
If you loose signal might be a radio problem, still if you have signal but no connectivity try with the new APN, android (CM, stock unless carrier stock) had errors in the APN list for my carrier and I had to manually add it each time I used a new rom for several years.

Andromendous
Old
(Last edited by Andromendous; 28th June 2014 at 02:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsukki View Post
If you loose signal might be a radio problem, still if you have signal but no connectivity try with the new APN, android (CM, stock unless carrier stock) had errors in the APN list for my carrier and I had to manually add it each time I used a new rom for several years.
im having some trouble with my radio also, it will work fine for a bit, then out of no where, ill download an app and it the signal will just go blank, not grayed out, but blank, ive tryed many different things but not apns, would anyone happen to know what T-mobiles apns are?

Edit: I just now noticed in my list of apns, its set to Metro pcs, and theres a few Tmobile apns, what should i choose?

tmobile
tmobile LTE
or tmobile LTE ipv6?

BlackElvis79
Old
Thanks Meter 164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromendous View Post
im having some trouble with my radio also, it will work fine for a bit, then out of no where, ill download an app and it the signal will just go blank, not grayed out, but blank, ive tryed many different things but not apns, would anyone happen to know what T-mobiles apns are?

Edit: I just now noticed in my list of apns, its set to Metro pcs, and theres a few Tmobile apns, what should i choose?

tmobile
tmobile LTE
or tmobile LTE ipv6?
What were the last few apps you do loaded before this happened to you
DEVICE: White T-Mo SGS II SPL:Stock
BUILD: Darkside ICS STORAGE: 16gb Int. Mem
RECOVERY: CWM 5.8.1.3 Touch (Donated) THEME: UCLE2-R5 KERNEL: Darkside

Previous Devices:
GSM Galaxy Nexus
R'd & UL'd HTC Amaze 4G
R'd & UL'd HTC Sensation 4G
R'd & UL'd T-Mo Vibrant and Vibrant 4G
R'd HTC Evo 4G
R'd & UL'd LG G2X
R'd & UL'd HTC Vision
UL'd/Droided/R'd HTC HD2
R'd Nexus One
R'd Droid Eris
R'd Sapphire (white)
R'd Dream (black)

Andromendous
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackElvis79 View Post
What were the last few apps you do loaded before this happened to you
i think speedtest, advanced download manager, the first time it happend, i had just flashed slimkat 5.10, i set everything up, and i used the LTE quick tile to turn off LTE, my hole signal dissopeared and my phone crashed, i had to restore to stock to get it back. now it does as i discribed erlier.

man, i just got off the phone with a robot from tmobile customer service. she had me turn the phone off and pull the sim card, she told me she "refreshed" my service on her end and the problem was "gone". ya, its not.