Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No mobile data after rooting.

Tip us?

s-essa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_Of_The_Gods View Post
Hmm, at this point multiple things...

Is the APN selected is the one used from your carrier? If yes the settings are correct (just in case)?

Have you network coverage (how is the signal, have you a edge/2G/3G and so on icons, bars)?

What happens when you try to use the browser or whatever (an error message)?

Could you test your SIM card in another phone?

@s-essa, try to add it manually depending of your carrier (maybe call them or take a look on the web for the settings), always in Settings/More/Mobile networks/Access Point Names and click on the little cross surrounded and don't forget to save.
Yes i have bars but i have no icons saying 3g or 4g....
when i try to use the browser it just doesnt load and said that i have no internet connection.
I entered it manually. i got the details off the website for my carrier.. and i did click save.

Does it take time to activate ? So after i enter it and save it and select it... how long until my internet will start working if what i did was correct?

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-essa View Post
Okay so i found the IMEI number on the sticker that was located on the back of my phone when i got it. What do i do with it?
I see that you found the IMEI sticker on the sticker - but does your phone (software) also show that same IMEI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfire86 View Post
*#06#

never mind - since you can make calls, that doesn't matter