Ask a question

No registration required

Modify GEL icon grid without messing up icon placement

OP sionicion

20th January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

42 posts

As you can see in the screenshot, after modifying the DPI to something more realistic and not comedic, the UI adjusted perfect except it didn't center the all apps icon above the home button. I'm wondering how this could be fixed through maybe a mod or something.

I do not want a new launcher that doesn't have Google Search built in. Its not the same stock experience. Any idea what I should do?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
20th January 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sionicion

As you can see in the screenshot, after modifying the DPI to something more realistic and not comedic, the UI adjusted perfect except it didn't center the all apps icon above the home button. I'm wondering how this could be fixed through maybe a mod or something.

I do not want a new launcher that doesn't have Google Search built in. Its not the same stock experience. Any idea what I should do?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Depends what you are trying to do. Are you trying to get more docked icons at the bottom, or the main grid on the launcher. Basically, what I did is I changed my DPI to 439 (wanted 445, but notifications get cut off in the pulldown bar). This is ideal for me and gives me an app drawer grid of 5x6. However, the launcher grid stayed the same, so I used the Launcher Tweaks settings in Gravity Box to customize the launcher grid to 5x5. Now, I still only have 4 apps in the dock tray on the bottom (plus the app drawer icon in the middle), but I do have a 5x5 grid on the homescreen. It looks like it came from the factory this way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread