Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Could not mount /data ! Phone Stuck!

OP Ensifolk

3rd March 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 198

896 posts
More
I flashed a CM based ROM, and decided to get back to Slimkat. Opened my recovery ( Philz CWM ) wiped everything, and now tried to restore my nandroid ! And suddenly Im on Can't mount /sdcard ! I can't even flash a new ROM or do anything, I get stuck on Google's boot logo if I want to get to the ROM.

Let's note that I had no USB debug checked as I was only checking out the newly flashed ROM. So am I literally in a dead situation? Anyone please may help ?
3rd March 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Near Versailles - France
Thanks Meter: 22

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensifolk

I flashed a CM based ROM, and decided to get back to Slimkat. Opened my recovery ( Philz CWM ) wiped everything, and now tried to restore my nandroid ! And suddenly Im on Can't mount /sdcard ! I can't even flash a new ROM or do anything, I get stuck on Google's boot logo if I want to get to the ROM.

Let's note that I had no USB debug checked as I was only checking out the newly flashed ROM. So am I literally in a dead situation? Anyone please may help ?

Clean fastboot install :/ Solved the issue for me
3rd March 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,328

24,414 posts
More
try and format cache. If still no luck, fastboot flash cache cache.img
3rd March 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

896 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

try and format cache. If still no luck, fastboot flash cache cache.img

Can I still fastboot even if I have no USB debugging enabled? The phone will interact with the commands normally? ( Since as I mentioned before I flashed the ROM only to check out and played with no settings at all, didnt know this is going to happen )
3rd March 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #5  

24,414 posts
More
Quote:

Can I still fastboot even if I have no USB debugging enabled?

fastboot commands are done in the bootloader. USB debugging is an Android setting. The 2 are not related even in the slightest.
3rd March 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

896 posts
More
Quote:

fastboot commands are done in the bootloader. USB debugging is an Android setting. The 2 are not related even in the slightest.

Thank you sir ! Im sorry to go further saying that I have never used fastboot even thought this is my third nexus device, the regular way of me having a Nexus is using a toolkit on day one to Unlock/Root and then the rest is always done to me on a Recovery !

I am currently downloading the Factory Image to flash it via fastboot ( There are instructions on how to do that ) But will delete everything on my phone.

Is there a way I can save myself right now without any loss? Via fastboot commands? And how can I do it? ( Im really sorry for taking your time and mixing my inexperience )

You'd be a life saver hehe
3rd March 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #7  

24,414 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you sir ! Im sorry to go further saying that I have never used fastboot even thought this is my third nexus device, the regular way of me having a Nexus is using a toolkit on day one to Unlock/Root and then the rest is always done to me on a Recovery !

I am currently downloading the Factory Image to flash it via fastboot ( There are instructions on how to do that ) But will delete everything on my phone.

Is there a way I can save myself right now without any loss? Via fastboot commands? And how can I do it? ( Im really sorry for taking your time and mixing my inexperience )

You'd be a life saver hehe

Dont flash the entire factory image.

just use the

fastboot flash cache cache.img

Then you won't wipe the device.

This is why not to use toolkits. fastboot is essential basic knowledge and using toolkits means you dont get to learn it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

896 posts
More
Quote:

Dont flash the entire factory image.

just use the

fastboot flash cache cache.img

Then you won't wipe the device.

This is why not to use toolkits. fastboot is essential basic knowledge and using toolkits means you dont get to learn it

You are totally right about that I should learn about it ! Hahaha. Okay, I opened a command promt and I am in the bootloader, where should I get the cache.img from? And should I place it in a certain folder? cause apparently I tried doing this command and it didn't work, I guess i have to get the cache.img from somewhere :P ( Im really sorry mate...Thanks again )
3rd March 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #9  

24,414 posts
More
Quote:

You are totally right about that I should learn about it ! Hahaha. Okay, I opened a command promt and I am in the bootloader, where should I get the cache.img from? And should I place it in a certain folder? cause apparently I tried doing this command and it didn't work, I guess i have to get the cache.img from somewhere :P ( Im really sorry mate...Thanks again )

Have a read of the "how to flash a factory image" thread in general. Just remember, dont follow it blindly as you'll flash the whole factory image.
3rd March 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

896 posts
More
Quote:

Have a read of the "how to flash a factory image" thread in general. Just remember, dont follow it blindly as you'll flash the whole factory image.

Promise this is the last question I hope. I am actually on that page. I have downloaded the factory image BUT when I extract it via Winrar I only get a one file as an output (hammerhead-kot49h-factory-02006b99)

EDIT: I renamed the extracted file to .zip and extracted again, now I have the files displayed on that page...Trying to figure out now how to flash the cache.img
Last edited by Ensifolk; 3rd March 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread