5,593,587 Members 38,106 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MTP cannot see music (flac, mp3 etc in folder Music)

Tip us?

Sunkins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt [Q] MTP cannot see music (flac, mp3 etc in folder Music)

I stored some music files (flac and mp3) in folder /sdcard/Music on my nexus 5, but I cannot see these files while connected to PC with MTP. I can see Ringtones, Download (with apk) etc on my PC but empty in the Music folder with music flac and mp3 files.
I tried to connect nexus 5 to fedora 17/20 and Windows 8, and failed in all connections.
In fedora 17 I installed gMTP and simple-mtpfs to access those files on my nexus 5 and I saw no files in Music folder except two ogg files in the Ringtones folder, apk files in Download, and pictures in DCIM.
I check the manual of gMTP and it said it supported flac format.

When in Windows 8 and fedora 20, the situations were the same as that in fedora 17.
So how can I access my file with MTP using USB cable?

because WiFi is forbidden here for some reason, I can not use WiFi to transfer files from nexus 5 to PC.
and because of the data plan, I cannot use dropbox to sync so many files with mobile data connection.
Thanks!

Sunkins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
anybody knows?

Alex240188
Old
Thanks Meter 631
This may sound very stupid but have you rebooted your phone. I have this same issue with the nexus 4.
A phone reboot forces a rescan and usually my computer picks the files up afterwards

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Tags
fedora 17, mtp, nexus 5