5,594,653 Members 32,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multi add home screen shortcuts on Kit Kat?

Tip us?

GroovyGeek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default Multi add home screen shortcuts on Kit Kat?

So I searched here and on Google and can't figure out how to add multiple home screen shortcuts with kit Kat. It used to be that you long press on the home screen then scroll through the list of apps and touch the ones you want to add. Nice and clean and intuitive. With kit Kat in only seem to be able to add shortcuts one at a time, a total PITA. Is there an better way?

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyGeek View Post
So I searched here and on Google and can't figure out how to add multiple home screen shortcuts with kit Kat. It used to be that you long press on the home screen then scroll through the list of apps and touch the ones you want to add. Nice and clean and intuitive. With kit Kat in only seem to be able to add shortcuts one at a time, a total PITA. Is there an better way?
I'm not sure about the google experience launcher, but Nova allows you to do that. I know that's not a solution, but just in case you find it useful to know.

Vercion3
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Kit kart doesn't allow you to do that. You can install a third party or flash a custom ROM (root required) to make it easier :P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GroovyGeek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Jesus Christ, I would have loved to be in the meeting that made this decision. What is next? And apple logo... Sigh, another step in the dumbing down of Android. Don't be evil my ass.. Nova here in come