Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multiple FC, Crashes, and Freeze

Tip us?

jblazea50
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 440

DONATE TO ME
Default Multiple FC, Crashes, and Freeze

So I purchased this N5 through TMobile on Wednesday and finally took it out the box yesterday and set it up. Now, I am on high speed wifi and whenever I try to watch youtube, it either freezes, force closes, or just stays on page showing loading.

With other apps/browser, it does the same thing. Either FC or keeps on loading. Is there a fix or should I get get a newer one from TMobile?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3164
If you just got the device if take it back. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing. They'll probably tell you to do a factory reset which you could do to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

jblazea50
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 440

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
If you just got the device if take it back. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing. They'll probably tell you to do a factory reset which you could do to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 5
I've done factory reset, tried custom rom; nothing worked. When I did custom rom, it worked last night, but this morning, the problems persists.

I got 4 N5s and the other 3 is working as it should, but this one is just a headache so far.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21032
is this happening via wifi or via your mobile data connection?
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

jblazea50
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 440

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
is this happening via wifi or via your mobile data connection?
Wifi and mobile data.

Funny thing is, I was over my brother's place last night (his phone is the one that's having issues), he connected his to wifi and I was on HSPA. I was able to connect and play videos on youtube while his hanged. Even when I connected to his wifi, mine would play almost immediately while his would hang/FC.

Both phones are N5, on same network, on same wifi, on same rom using same kernel.